Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 08:40:59 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreRecruiter Advice/Questions/Chat (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Implementing smart technology for recruiters. What should we do?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Implementing smart technology for recruiters. What should we do?  (Read 3242 times)
bigbiller
just starting

Executive Careers Network

« on: August 11, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »

Im currently looking after 22 recruitment franchisees in the mid-senior market place, all fully trained in search (headhunting) methodology. They are not volume recruiters and cover a wide range of markets and skills. The franchise has been in place for over 10 years and we now find a mix of systems around technology and database/contact manangement systems. The offices currently run independent data... We are currently on a recruitment drive for new franchisees and I am looking at embracing new applications to make the recruiter "smarter" and able to attain big biller status.

So my question is a broad one. What should any recruiter be using in terms of available technology in today's market eg CV parsing and searching etc etc. If you had a blank peice of paper what would you put on it if you were starting out in executive recruitment? Comments on specific products/brands most welcome. Remember we are not volume.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:05:46 AM by bigbiller » Report to moderator   Logged
trevkin
just starting

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »

Hi,
From a technology perspective i would say the following would make a dream application.

first and foremost "ease of use". What ever gadgets or bells and whistles you throw at this thing, it needs to balance that functionality with ease of understanding and a logical and speedy interface. Not as easy at it sounds, especially for techies who do not usually understand who the end user of their application is and how their brain does or more importantly does not work.

Next is flexibility, i like the ability to search from any perspective, be it the candidate/applicant, the job or the client and in a variety of ways. Including skills based, cv text based etc.

Next would be solid website integration, allowing easy post of jobs to your own website and popular job boards and also allowing applicants to apply for those jobs and have that data back in your system

Also scalable costs that increase in proportion with your business growth rather than startup costs that cripple you from the outset. And watch out for long contracts, companies with good software should be confident that their product will compell you to stay not legal handcuffs.

There are loads more but these would be my key features.

I use http://www.applicantextra.com but others are available.
Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »

I see you guys are relatively new here so may I say welcome.

forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »

Welcome bigbiller and trevkin.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace