Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 20, 2014, 06:58:13 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What is your favorite movie?
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What is your favorite movie?  (Read 4101 times)
Chevy
liking it

« on: May 14, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »

I've been watching a lot of movies lately and some of them are all time classics, such as "Gone with the Wind" and "Casablanca".  Does anyone have a favorite movie they can watch over and over again?
Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

I have several favorite movies that I love to watch.  The first is Forest Gump.  I have watches that movie over 5 times and every time I watch it, I feel as though its my first time.  Another favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally.  I like that movie because it makes me laugh every time.  I think Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan were great in this movie.
Nickh
just starting

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

I must say i'm a fan of classics too! Esp E.T, Shawshank and a Beautiful Mind. Wink

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »

Wow what a great topic. One favourite movie is to difficult so I'll have to do a bit of a list.

Ghandi
Farenheit 9/11
Forrest Gump
Anchorman
Tootsie
Manhattan
Saturday Night fever
Jerry Maguire
Capturing The Friedmens
The Colour Of Money

There you go I did ten. Sadly (or not) I could've gone on and on.

Sunny
liking it

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »

Ghandi.....I saw and liked
Farenheit 9/11......Never saw, but would be interested in seeing someday.
Forrest Gump........Always a good pick!
Anchorman...........Never saw.
Tootsie.............Very funny
Manhattan...........Never saw
Saturday Night fever......Good
Jerry Maguire..........Never saw
Capturing The Friedmens....Never saw
The Colour Of Money.......never saw

Here are some others.  How about.....

Gone with the Wind
Star Wars
Back to the Future
The Godfather
Pulp Fiction
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jaws
Gladiator
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:01:16 PM by Sunny » Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:58:05 PM »

Farenheit 9/11 is just amazing. Eye opening & jaw dropping. Anchorman is Will Ferrell's best film by a mile in my opinion. If you like him you must see it. If you don't you should anyway. Manhattan for me is Woody Allen's best film. Or it would be in his top three anyway along with Annie Hall & Crimes & Misdemeanors. Jerry Maguire? A perfect Saturday night popcorn movie. Capturing the Friedmens a little more obscure but possibly the best documentary I've ever seen. The Colour Of Money won Paul Newman his first Oscar. It's the sequel to The Hustler directed by Martin Scorsese.

The others you mentioned resemble eight of the top ten box office earners of all time. Maybe they are. All classics though I was never that keen on Gladiator. The Godfather pt II I think is even better than one and controversially I think Star Wars episode III: Revenge Of The Sith is the best of all six Star Wars movies.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a film buff/geek (delete as appropriate).

P.S. 'W.' is on at the cinema at the moment. A true underrated masterpiece IMHO. If you're interested in politics or indeed the 43rd President if the USA it's a must see.

Chevy
liking it

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »

I would like to see Fahrenheit 9/11.  Maybe one of these days I'll rent the movie.  It looks interesting.  I liked the first Star Wars movie (classic).  Usually the first movie is better than the second series.

How about these movies? 

Aliens
Star Trek Series
War of the Worlds
The Matrix
Terminator
Blade Runner
Planet of the Apes
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »

I think The Empire Strikes Back is better than the original Star Wars movie in the original trilogy. However in the prequel trilogy The Phantom Menace is the worst and Revenge Of The Sith by far the best. For me that's the best even of all six movies, the birth of Darth Vader it should be called. Darker than a dark thing. I mean that movie, is dark. I think the reason many people preferred Empire was it's darkness but Sith puts that to bed.

I'm not a fan of Aliens myself. I recognise it as a good film but I way prefer Alien. Rumour has it they're making another one. Enough already. The Star Trek series? Don't get me started I could write for hours just on one movie. I'm not really a sci-fi geek honestly. People say the even numbered ones are better and on the whole I agree except ten (Nemesis) is very poor and I really love 5 (The Voyage Home). I saw the full trailer for the new JJ Abrams Star Trek movie coming out next year. Maybe it's be great but I'm a bit "whatever" about it. War Of The Worlds is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. No sense of danger. Terminator's great. I think that was James Cameron's first film as director. He then went on to direct the aforementioned Aliens. Blade Runner's a classic. Planet Of The Apes I just watched again recently and it was much better than I remembered. Great ending. Close Encounters I haven't seen for as long time but anything with Richard Dreyfuss is worth a view. He plays Dick Cheney in Oliver Stones 'W.' I wouldn't be suprised if he gets an Oscar nomination. Though every performance in that is great.

Sunny
liking it

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

I've seen previews of the movie "W" and from what I've seen, it looks "okay".  Nothing spectacular.  What intrigues me, is that a movie was made while President Bush is still in office.  Usually they make movies when the Pres leaves office or dies. My first reaction was, how strange it must be to have a movie about you.  I don't know if that would be a compliment or insult to my ego.  It depends on how the movie would portray me.

Another good movie is, 2001: A Space Odyssey.  Has anyone seen it?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »

'W' isn't spectacular but it's way more than ok. While it probably wont be nominated for best picture or even best director several of the actors should get nominated if there's any justice. Thandie Newton is invisible as Condi Rice. That is, strange as it sounds I looked and looked and couldn't see Thandie Newton. You'd have to see it to know what I mean. Some people have said it's a bit early but in the same way as Stone did with Nixon the story is his earlier years up to becoming President and indeed his time as President. That's really where the story of his life, in history, will end anyway.

2001 is one of my favourite movies. Have you or anyone seen Wall-E? They have a robot character that kind of takes over everything on a ship and they portray it as the same red light in a circle as Hal. It's blatantly a homage.

This is quite a two way conversation, which is cool, but what films do others like?

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »

Good posts. No way empire is better than original star wars though. New movies were naff. IMHO.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

I love the new films. I have friends who's kids prefer the new ones. I guess that's because they're the ones they grew up watching perhaps. What don't you like about them? What films do you like?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

I quite liked Attack of the clones.
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »

My favorite is, "When Harry Met Sally".  That's a classic or how about, "Pretty Woman".  I could watch those movies over and over again. 

Hey, what about, "Lord of the Rings?"  I think everyone has seen that movie. 
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »

It's funny I guess these both would be classes as "chick flicks" but I love When Harry Met Sally' but can't stand 'Pretty Woman'. As much as I love Richard Gere in many films (especially 'An Officer & A Gentleman') I can't stand him in that. Billy Crystal however is amazing as Harry & Meg Ryan also as Sally.

Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace