Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 08:43:19 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Vending machines in the work place
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Vending machines in the work place  (Read 3956 times)
Coultrane
liking it

« on: April 25, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »

I heard a big controvery regarding companies who have vending machines.  People are claiming that these vending machines are full of junk food that is contributing to our obese problem.  Many say these vending machines should be eliminated.  What do you think?
Report to moderator   Logged
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »

If vending machines are such a problem, just fill them up with healthy food rather than junk food.  They can put fruit or protien bars.  I would definitely eat this food and I'm sure other would too.  The bottom line is you need to give people a choice. Let them decide what they want to eat rather than dictate what they can and can not eat.
stanford
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:02:58 AM »

I personally hate going to vending machines to get something to eat.  I prefer to bring my own food to work.  Every day I pack my own lunch and will bring a snack too.  Usually I never like what they offer in the vending machines and most of the items are over priced.  I'd rather eat my own food.  I've been doing it for years and there are several other people at work who do the same.
jeanlerymg
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 04:49:14 AM »

Even though vending machines are full of junk foods and others that will make people obese, it is still optional for them if they really want to buy junk foods rather than healthy foods and drinks.  I think it is not a good idea to eliminate vending machines. Instead, fill them with healthy stuffs to help prevent obesity. I actually prefer to buy foods and drinks in vending machines because it is more likely affordable for me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:24:17 AM by jeanlerymg » Report to moderator   Logged
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »

Hello there welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com. If I can be of any assistance with anything at all please don't hesitate to ask.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

Hi Jean. I agree fully with what you wrote. Welcome to HireScores.com by the way.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »

I agree there's no reason in the world a vending machine has to be unhealthy.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

Hi Jean.

We have healthy and unhealthy stuff in our work vending machines.

Surely that's the way forward?

Choice!
Gota
having fun

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »

Welcome to these forums and discussions Jean.
Alvin.Josh2
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »

Vending machines are one of the most convenient places where we can buy foods and snack in a very fast way. Well, on that case, it still depends on the person if he or she really wants to buy junk foods from the vending machines. On the other hand, the owner must also see to it that the machine should also contain healthy snacks and foods.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:39:20 PM by Alvin.Josh2 » Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »

Vending machines can be expensive.

Re Healthy eating: no one is twisting their arm to buy and eat the "Junk food"  which is probably only crisps and sweet snacks. 

People who work in offices don't have any willpower and probably eat all their groceries in a couple of days too!

More likely they are fat and unhealthy because they don't go out and walk to a shop. 

At least they bend down to pick up their booty from the machine!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace