Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 21, 2014, 09:04:11 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Career oportunities for nurses
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Career oportunities for nurses  (Read 1900 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: April 02, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

My friend is considering going into the nursing field and is interested in what places besides hospitals are nurses needed?  I told her that nursing homes are always looking for nurses and there are several schools that need nurses all the time.   Are there any other places she should consider when looking for places that hire nurses?
Report to moderator   Logged
Sunny
liking it

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »

There are several places that need nurses besides hospitals and nursing homes. Your friend can apply to Home Health Care Agencies that need nurses who do house visits to patients who need medical care such as the elderly.  There are also companies that specialize in "traveling" nurses who go to business to give medical attention to employees who need routine shots or medical check-ups.   
jennyhicks
just starting

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »

My friend has a nursing agency, http://www.janelewis.co.uk and they are definitely worth getting in touch with as nursing is such a broad sector. There are nursing based jobs in areas you would be very surprised about.

Jenna
liking it

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »

There is a growing population of people who are living longer longer and are in need of health care.  Careers in nursing is in demand these days.  However, keep in mind that many nurses feel they are over worked and under payed because of the high amount of pressure that is placed on them.  Just something you might want to research before you embark on this career path.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »

A pal of mine started off as a care assistant in an old folks home and after a few years of training starting with NVQ's and the like she's now a fully trained nurse. All paid for by the company she works for.
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »

That's great Bob.  I know there are many different types of nurses that are helping the public.  Some nurse work in the emergency room, trauma unit, operating room, physicians office, nursing homes, or schools.

Sometimes I wish I became a nurse.  It seems like a secure job and there are so many places that are hiring for nurses these days.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:06:25 AM »

You could always re-train? Or would that be to much hard work? I've often thought of training for something...I'm not trained in anything especially so re-trained for me would be the wrong expression  Lips sealed.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace