Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 21, 2014, 05:31:53 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)When is the best time to go job hunting?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: When is the best time to go job hunting?  (Read 1564 times)
stanford
liking it

« on: March 31, 2007, 08:30:06 AM »

I know when looking for a job there are numerous tips to follow in order to successfully get the job.  However, I was wondering if many people feel that certain times of the year are more profitable to go job hunting than other times.  I'm guessing that companies tend to hire more in the begging of the year, such as January.  Is that correct?
Report to moderator   Logged
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »

That's a question I never considered as I've always just hired when I need employees and looked for a job when I needed one. I would say it would depend on what kind of work you do. A lot of retail companies hire in November, prior to the holiday rush. If you work as teacher you probably would be more likely to find a job prior to the term beginning. And, though I am guessing at this, it seems that large corporations as less likely to hire at the end of a fiscal year!
lava
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:29:47 AM »

It is my understanding that companies tend to hire in the fourth quarter and the beginning of the first quarter.  The reason for this is company budgets have already been approved and they are getting ready for the upcoming year.  It is also important to prepare for the job hunting season at least one month ahead of time to get your resume and cover letters ready.
Wayne
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »

Interesting question and one which I don't think I have a definate answer to. Thinking about it though I would say that the best time to go job hunting is when you are still employed. I have found that for some reason when I don't have a job it seems so much harder to get a new job, but when I am employed and wanting to change it is so much easier.
HireScoresMark
Forum Moderator
just starting

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:56:23 PM »

I would say that the best time to go job hunting is when you are still employed.

Absolutely - no pressure, you can pick and choose and your confidence is higher

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace