Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 26, 2014, 04:01:55 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Family members who are not helpful when looking for a job
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Family members who are not helpful when looking for a job  (Read 724 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: February 10, 2008, 05:13:50 AM »

Many times people will use family members and friends to help them get a job.  I have done this before, but I was never successful.  Some family members will give you the cold shoulder when you approach them for a job lead or advice.  Why do they do this?  I thought family should help one another.  Does anyone else have family members who do this?
Report to moderator   Logged
Betty
liking it

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:10:15 AM »

I was in the market looking for a job.  I ran into my cousin during a job fair.  She was one of the recruiting agents who was talking to perspective candidates looking to work.  I approached her and was hoping she could give me the inside scope on the company and possibly help me get a job there.  Unfortunately, she was very cold and really didn't want to spend any time talking to me.  I realize she was there to meet perspective candidates, but her behavior was very isolated.  Needless to say, I never got a job interview with the company.  The bottom line is sometimes having family members help you get a job can be a dead end.  You are better looking for a job the traditional way. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace