Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 19, 2014, 02:50:06 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)How to prepare for a job fair?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How to prepare for a job fair?  (Read 1407 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: February 06, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »

Many people who are looking for a job attend a job fair.  They are a great way to shop for new job opportunities, network with people and make personal contacts with recruiters.  So what should a person do to prepare themselves for a job fair?  Any suggestions for getting positive feedback from recruiters?
Report to moderator   Logged
Spinner
liking it

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:07:56 PM »

If you are planning to attend a job fair, I recommend that you come with a resume and have a notepad available to list all the places that took your resume.  Also be ready to talk to some of the recruiters about their business and discuss what job openings they have.  Also make sure that you dress appropriately for the job fair.  This includes possibly wearing a suit or nice outfit to show that you are serious about getting a job.
Pepper
liking it

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 06:43:47 AM »

I've been to several job fairs and I feel it is very important to talk to the recruiters who are there.  This includes asking questions about their company, such as how long the company has been in business?  How many employees work there?  What type of services does the company provide? etc..  Asking questions demonstrates that you are interested in the company and you are eager to see if the company fits your needs. 
Stephanie B
just starting

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »

Personally, I think the job seeker could get so much experience from going to a career fair! It prepares you for the actual interview, it enables you to check the offers on the job market, it could open doors towards various networks and so on. I would definitely recommend job seekers to search jobs at the career fairs in their areas.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace