Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 09:32:01 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Is volunteer work considered job experience?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Is volunteer work considered job experience?  (Read 1404 times)
Pepper
liking it

« on: February 13, 2008, 07:14:27 PM »

Having job experiece is one of the most important skills when looking for a good job.  However, if you have just graduated from college, you most likely don't have much job experience under your belt.  Is it possible to use your volunteer work as job experience or will employees consider that irrelevant?  Is it possible to use my volunteer work to my advantage?
Report to moderator   Logged
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:46:13 AM »

Any type of volunteer work is always considered relevant to job experience. I used to do volunteer work at a hospital when I was in high school.  I would spend my time talking to elderly patients and helping them walk to maintain strength in their legs.  To me this experience has helped me to`learn the importance of being patient with people and to understand why people act and behave the way they do.  The bottom line is everything you experience through volunteer work can be applied to your current job.
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »

yeah spot on to the comment above, any work is work experiance
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace