Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 28, 2014, 04:07:21 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)What to do with too many jobs with a short employment history?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What to do with too many jobs with a short employment history?  (Read 2285 times)
Greg
liking it

« on: November 14, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »

I've been analyzing my resume and I notice that I several jobs listed.  To many this may seen good, but many of these jobs show that I've worked at the company an average of two to three years.  Do you think staying at jobs for a few years will hurt my chances of getting a new job during an interview?  Will they consider me a risk because of my short employment history at each job?  What can I do so companies will not focus their attention on my short stay?
Report to moderator   Logged
lava
liking it

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:02:24 PM »

I think your short stay at certain jobs will affect your chances of getting a new job.  Many companies will be concerned that you will eventually leave the them within a few years, so why should they take the time to train someone who is at risk of leaving?  The only way to refocus their attention is to explain to employers your reason for your short stay.  Do you have a reason for your short job history at these companies?  Did any of these companies go through a merger?  Where you ever told to leave because of budget cuts?  Usually explaining that it was not your decision to leave, but rather the company going through changes makes you appear more credible and trustworthy, so they may take your resume more seriously.
CareerCreature
just starting

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »

I defiantely agree. It shows that you have no problem getting the job its just an issue for you to maintain one.
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »

I think 2-3 years is absolutely fine - it shows that you have ambition, but stay there long enough to get involved with the company. Certianly in the IT industry this is good.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace