Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 22, 2014, 09:11:07 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What are some illegal questions to aks during an interview?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What are some illegal questions to aks during an interview?  (Read 1332 times)
Jenna
liking it

« on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »

I have been to several interviews and have prepared myself for the interview questions, but how do you spot an illegal question during the interview?  How should you react if the person who is interviewing you asks an illegal question?  What would you do in this type of situation?
Report to moderator   Logged
Stephanie B
just starting

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »

I have been to several interviews and have prepared myself for the interview questions, but how do you spot an illegal question during the interview?  How should you react if the person who is interviewing you asks an illegal question?  What would you do in this type of situation?

Are you sure you know exactly which questions are illegal and which not? I mean you could consider illegal one which offends you, but looks natural to the employer. Let's consider for example "How many children do you have?". I find it natural from the point of view of the compensations (tax deductions) you would benefit from, but you could find it inappropriate from the point of view of the fact that you could not be hired just because you may have a lot of.."luggage" and cannot focus on your work. You know?
http://www.careeradvicecenter.com/job-interview/interview-FAQ.html
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace