Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 23, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What to do if you get a counteroffer from your boss?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What to do if you get a counteroffer from your boss?  (Read 1301 times)
Tomtom
settling in

« on: November 07, 2007, 04:55:13 PM »

There are instances where you are unhappy with your job and you decide to leave.  In response to your resignation, your boss may provide a counteroffer to prevent you from leaving the company.  When this happens, what steps should you take to decide if the counteroffer is acceptable to you?  Has anyone ever received a counteroffer before?  Did you stay or go?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:57:16 PM by Tomtom » Report to moderator   Logged
Janey
settling in

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »

I know someone who was leaving the company and before they left, their boss gave them a counter offer.  The counter offer was not enough for them to stay because they would be making much more money at the new co mapany along with a benefit package that was too good to resist. 

To me, I would consider a counter offer as a compliment because it demonstates that the company values you as an employee and doesn't want to replace you.  It also makes you feel confident that you have skills that a company needs and values.  Don't you agree?
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace