Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 28, 2014, 08:06:00 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Should there be a limit on networking?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Should there be a limit on networking?  (Read 1235 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: January 13, 2008, 09:09:27 AM »

I realize that networking is extremely important when trying to find a job, but should there be a limit on the number of people you network with?  I would think that if you network with too many people, they may think you are only interested in using them for personal favors.  You can't really maintain a good relationship with several people at once.  Usually your only able to keep good relationships with a selected number of people, so why spread yourself thin by trying to keep contact with numerous people at once?  Does anyone else agree with this concept?
Report to moderator   Logged
Coultrane
liking it

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

The concept of networking involves meeting people and getting to know them and inform them about yourself.  I personally classify people in my network such as those who are my close friends, those who I have a business relationship with and those who are acquaintances.  You can not make everyone your closest friend.  I just make the effort to meet people and get to know them.  If they become good friends of mine, that's great.  If they become great business contacts, that's great too.  Just keep in mind the importance of getting to know people and letting them know you.  That's the most valuable form of networking in today's market.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace