Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 07:34:17 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)How low can you get? Stealing Plaques for Scrap Metal from a war memorial!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How low can you get? Stealing Plaques for Scrap Metal from a war memorial!  (Read 3948 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: August 25, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

SCRAP metal thieves have stripped plaques from a cemetery memorial commemorating the war dead.

No it wasnt in Liverpool or even up north, it was in Portsmouth.

The theft took place inside Kingston Cemetery, Kingston Road, from a 1.5 metre-high memorial for civilians who lost their lives in bombing raids during the Second World War.

Among the names is Peter Futcher, who died aged 12 during the attack.

His brother Brian Futcher, 67, who owns Squirrels antiques store, in Kingston Road, said he was shocked.

He added: ĎIím very sad this has happened and Iím pleased my mother isnít alive in one sense as itís horrible. I hope the thieves find the error of their ways and I pray for their souls that they see sense.í

Portsmouth City Council, which owns the cemetery, has reported the theft to the police and has put out a warning to scrap metal merchants making them aware of the items.

For the full story http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/law-and-order/scrap_metal_thieves_target_war_memorial_in_cemetery_1_2994585
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace