Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

December 21, 2014, 01:25:44 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)Another day another maggot!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Another day another maggot!  (Read 3028 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »

I was contacted by an agency yesterday saying he wanted to have a catch up with me.  Well we all know what that means, an interrogation about where I have been for interviews and jobs I have applied for so he can then go after them.
Anyway, he said he had lots of opportunities and wanted to have a chat on skype "so he could see me" 
Anyway the long and short of it is he only has FOUR VACANCIES on his website and has seven on a job board!  CV harvesting you better believe it.

He said   "I can assure you that all the position that I advertise are live and current and I am very busy at the moment with numerous opportunities that could be right for you.
However I have to say I haven't provided you further information on the opportunities as I find that you are very difficult to communicate with and not forthcoming with information or meeting with me and if you are like that with me then I presume that's how you would be like with my clients therefore I wont be putting you forward for any of those roles."

Report to moderator   Logged
Gota
having fun

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »

"I find that you are very difficult to communicate with."
-------------
Would you say this part is true though?

You can be very argumentative at times.

That, of course, is good for a forum but maybe not for getting a job?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:50:51 AM »

NO!   
He was just annoyed I wouldnt tell him anything he could use.
He had nothing to say that I wanted to hear.
A barrow boy trying to be a playerr trying to bulls**t  someone who knew what he was up to.

As on here with a certain person beginning with "J",  when they are not equipped they result to personal insults that have no foundation.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »

Why do you think he said you were difficult to communicate with?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »

Because I really didnt want to speak to him and he was interupting what I was doing on my computer.
He sounded like a barrow boy and I havent got time for twats like that anyway so perhaps it came across too!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:49:43 PM »

Are you worried about burning bridges? I mean if something ideal comes up they probably wont contact you now.

Though I know how frustrating calls from agencies can be at times.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »

I am not worried one bit!

All the agencies are in competition with each other.  If there is a genuine vacancy at least three of them will post it on at least one job board.
The one I binned off was useless and only used one job board for jobs he didn't really have anyway.
He is a one man operating from his back bedroom type agency.

I am always suspicious when the name of the person calling has the same name as the agency!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:15 AM »

I've always thought agencies are after contracts...how do you think that they can all have the same jobs? Surely they chase the same contracts and when they get them they have them no?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »

Yes they do exactly that!
So when people come on here and say that they save them time by sifting through all the CV's they forget they will get MORE CV's, as the same ones will be sent to them four or five times by all the different agencies that know about that vacancy.

Are employers SO STUPID  that they dont realise all another agency will do it advertise it on the same Job Board and it will be seen by the same people who responded originally.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:06:19 PM by Jasper9 » Report to moderator   Logged
Jason
liking it

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »

Yes they do exactly that!
So when people come on here and say that they save them time by sifting through all the CV's they forget they will get MORE CV's, as the same ones will be sent to them four or five times by all the different agencies that know about that vacancy.

This isn't what happens.  It's like magic, 3 agencies all send 5 people and all 15 people are different ones.  Amazing.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »

Yeah right!

I might have guessed  "JASON AND THE ARGUEMENTS"   is back!
Jason
liking it

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

You obviously don't know how the recruiters work because you are wrong.
i saw you said something wrong so I put you right.
yes, it is an argument because you say something I know is wrong and point it out.  It's a disagreement, maybe you are used to people being too scared to correct you or something.

Anyway, looks like its just me and you in here now.

What was it Sartre said? Hell is other people.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »

And you will be all by yourself quite soon if this forum is as dead as it has been lately!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace