Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 11:49:08 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Submitting an reume with an application
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Submitting an reume with an application  (Read 1984 times)
Tomtom
settling in

« on: October 29, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »

Many times when I am applying for a job, I am required to complete an application.  Usually, within the application, they ask for information of your previous employment history.  When I come to this question, I feel as though I should just staple my resume to the application because it provides a much better detailed explanation of my employment history.  Do you think stapling my resume to an application is a good idea?  Will it hurt my chances of getting a job?  Will it look unprofessional?  Will they think I'm too lazy to properly complete the application?  What do you think?
Report to moderator   Logged
Stephanie B
just starting

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »

Actually, you should fill in that application and that's it. No other things attached because this is the purpose of an application. To select the relevant info about you for a better processing and future selection of candidates. I would definitely recommend you to make a short resuming of your job experience just for situations like this. If you have some explanations to give, use less words which say more. The job application is not a place to develop this topic either. They will ask you about your reasons for leaving a job during the interview Wink

More suggestions regarding a job application: http://www.careeradvicecenter.com/job-search/prepare-to-fill-job-application-form.html

Stephanie
CareerCreature
just starting

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »

But wouldnt the resume help build your reputiour?
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »

I think submitting your resume with your application depends on the job you are applying for.  For example, if you are applying for an entry level position, I would complete the job application, fill in the employment history without submitting your resume.  However, if you are applying for an upper level position, such as a manager, then include your resume along with the application.  Basically, the higher the job position, the more you need to impress the person who is doing the hiring.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace