Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 19, 2014, 05:20:59 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)What jobs look good on a resume to get into law school?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What jobs look good on a resume to get into law school?  (Read 2330 times)
Chevy
liking it

« on: March 30, 2008, 09:58:10 PM »

My friend is applying for law school and on the application they are interested in previous job experience.  Luckily, he has a few years till is actually applies, but until then, does anyone know of any jobs that would look favorable on his application?  I told him he should do an internship at an attorney's office this summer to gain some experience.  Does anyone else have any other places he should try and get a job?
Report to moderator   Logged
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »

Call Judicial Review and ask them - they are good with law recruitment, and are always have to help. The contact details are on the website www.judicialreview.co.uk.
Teddy
liking it

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »

A good way to find out what jobs look good on an application to law school is to ask law school professors.  They talk to student every day and have a wealth of information they can share with you.  In addition, they might be able to help your friend find a job.  Give it a try, it can't hurt!
CareerCreature
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »

Will a internship look good? Ive done a ton of intern work hoping it would look good on my resume.
lava
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

Yes, internships are a great way to boost your employment history and it shows you are determined to gain job experience.  I suggest that you also talk to someone at your local township and possibly do some volunteer work in government offices.  These people are always happy to have someone help them.  You may not make money, but you will make connections with people who might be excellent references for you when applying to law school.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace