Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 06:28:12 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreOn-line Recruitment (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)What are the advantages of recruiting on the web?
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What are the advantages of recruiting on the web?  (Read 11445 times)
Spinner
liking it

« on: October 21, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »

Today we live in a technology era where many things can be done electronically.  For business, the internet has opened the door to more ways to recruit workers.  I personally feel the internet has allowed business to fill up job vacancies faster without waiting until the Sunday newspaper rolls around to let job hunters know about the company's job openings.  What other advantages do you think internet recruiting provides?  Does your company use the internet to advertise a job vacancy or does it still follow the traditional recruiting methods?
Report to moderator   Logged
tobymarshall
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »

Yes off course, most of the companies today are using internet for many purposes including job vacancies, as it is very convenient for both the job seeker and the company... Grin
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »

It is best to do both, but the Internet is used as one of the major resources for people seeking jobs and is a place where there many CV's can be found matching your ideal requirements.
Nickh
just starting

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »

With more job sites than ever before you can often find yourself spoilt for choice, this is true for both job seekers and recruiters. The market is huge and the number of new job sites increases every month! A huge benefit of using online methods of recruiting is that a large number of households now have the internet, and internet usage is on the increase. This ultimately increases the scope for reaching candidates.

LouiseA
just starting

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

I may be biased (I work for a job board!) so I obviously think job boards are a better way of advertising as opposed to the local paper. In my area anyway, it's also A LOT cheaper.

What I'd be interested to know is how do you choose a job board to advertise on? Do you use local ones or the biggies (Monster, Fish4 etc)? Does it depend on the job? What are the key factors in choosing and do you like free trials?

I know that's a lot of questions but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Kind Regards

Louise
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »

Another great aspect of recruiting on the web is that you're getting a select portion of the population. While that isn't relevant for many jobs, if the job is computer-related, you're automatically targeting people who at least somewhat know how to use a computer (and more likely, they're somewhat familiar with the internet, too, considering they're searching online for jobs). That automatically limits the selection down a bit.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

Job boards are something I'd not even heard of till I found this site. I have to admit I haven't really looked into them very much.

Are there any customer service or call centre job boards or do they not work that way?

Is it more the area in which you live?
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »

Hello there. Welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »

Hello there I'm Robin.

Houston Furniture
just starting

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »

It is easy and fast.
The other thing is it transparent to all.
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »

This is true.

missouri7
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »

You are able to reach groups of people that you would not be able to reach posting ads in papers. I have been able to make a good income recruiting people to come aboard to recruit other job seekers.

The internet has given me the opportunity to be free to work from home at the pace that I need, and also it has given me the driving seat to determine how much money I can make.

Plus I can help other people do the same thing! Cause hey, that's in my job description: Recruit other employment seekers that want to make good money by helping other employment seekers make good money.

projectpayday.com
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:30:45 PM by forum admin » Report to moderator   Logged
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:56 PM »

Welcome Missouri! How do you find working from home?
steven123
just starting

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »

One of the key benefits has to be the ability to track exactly where people are coming from. This helps you to build up a more comprehensive idea about the type of candidates that are available to you.

Prompt and professional IT Recruitment
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »

Welcome Steven to these discussions. It's great to have you on board.

Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace