Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 23, 2014, 03:19:15 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)90% of all internet websites fail?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: 90% of all internet websites fail?  (Read 3585 times)
Coultrane
liking it

« on: September 21, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

I just talked to someone and he explained to me that many people who decide to make money online are not successful.  In fact 90% of them fail becuse they do not know how to market their website and attract people. I was totally shocked by this information.  There are millions of website online and there are new ones going up every day.  Is a successful online business that difficult to achieve?
Report to moderator   Logged
Greg
liking it

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:41:32 PM »

In my opinion, I think those statistics are accurate.  I have talked to several people and many have the misconception that once you put up a web site, people will automatically start coming to your site.  This is false thinking.  Putting up a web site involves taking the time to advertise your web site in directories and make sure it is search engine friendly so search engines such as google will rank it.  Unfortunately, many people eventually get frustrated because of the lack of traffic to their site and eventually they close it down. 
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »

Yes people still haven't latched on to the world of Search Engine Optimisation. It startles  me people aren't interested in it - beleive me, it's the only way to go!
Pepper
liking it

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »

Good point Misch.chief.  Search engine optimization is a technique that few web masters understand and apply to their web site.  This explains why so many web sites fail.  If search engines are unable to locate your web site and index it accordingly for all to see, then your web site is useless. 
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »

I have friends who have websites and they never mentioned search engine optimization to me.  I think they are getting most of their viewser by linking to other web sites.  They also use google ad words to get their web site noticed by others. 

They went to a company that specializes in web sites.  In my opinion, they did a good job developing the site.  So if you are linking to other web sites and advertising the web site off line, isn't that good enough?
Nickh
just starting

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »

I could definitely agree with that, and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if this percentage wasn't even higher. We're also looking at about 80% of both online and offline business start ups fail.  With regards to online business, operating online has such a great appeal to it, as many smaller businesses have the opportunities to cut rent costs amongst other overheads. As more and more businesses enter the online market place, the competition stiffens and margins for profit often reduce.

As companies become to recognise the benefits of SEO, they begin to utilise its techniques. SEO is such an important tool within the online business world, and as more businesses become to understand it, the less room it leaves for those who donít.

rosszero
just starting

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »

It's not suprising that 90% of websites fail. It's not too different to businesses offline. You know the stats, 4/10 businesses fail in the first year, more by the second year etc. On average, less than half of companies survive five or more years.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:51:42 PM by rosszero » Report to moderator   Logged

Employer Branding? - www.360inspire.com
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »

I would imagine that if 4 out of ten regular businesses fail within the first year that the ratio for online companies would be even higher. There seems to be so much competition online, let's face it, the future IS online that I wouldn't even try. That is unless I was convinced I had something completely unique.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »

That's interesting I wonder if there are any figure out there for web businesses that fail? I bet it's a high number.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace