Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 20, 2014, 02:01:13 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)What are some reasons why I am not getting an interview?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What are some reasons why I am not getting an interview?  (Read 2731 times)
Coultrane
liking it

« on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

I have submitted my resume to numerous companies, but I am not getting any call backs for an interview. I have followed everyone's advice on how to write a good resume, yet no one is responding to it.  What am I doing wrong?
Report to moderator   Logged
lilo
just starting

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

I have submitted my resume to numerous companies, but I am not getting any call backs for an interview. I have followed everyone's advice on how to write a good resume, yet no one is responding to it.  What am I doing wrong?

Would you be willing to post your resume, or at least the essential areas of your resume for people to see it and state their opinion about this? Because it is obvious to me that there is something in that resume which makes the employer pass by your CV and give interviews opportunities to other candidates. Until then,

http://www.cvtips.com/cv_common_mistakes.html

Career adviser
stanford
liking it

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »

I had a similar situation where I was not getting any call backs from my resume.  I spoke to a career advisor at my local college who informed me that I was over qulified for the job position I was applying for.  Together we adjusted my resume and now I am getting calls for interviews. 

This expereince was very strange to me.  I thought for sure I would have no problems getting the job I was seeking, but in actuality all my experience and education was actully a hinderance.  Who would have known I had too much to offer the company.
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 05:23:02 AM »

Some employers look for candidates who stay in nearby areas or who live in same city where company is located. You search in local online classifieds, hope you will get good help there.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace