Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 29, 2014, 02:10:46 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Any good job opportunities for stay at home Dad's?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Any good job opportunities for stay at home Dad's?  (Read 1940 times)
Teddy
liking it

« on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »

Today there are many Dad's who are trying to start their own business while staying at home.  Many are eager to try anything to generate money.  Does anyone have suggestions on good home based businesses for stay at home Dad's?  Is there anything out there that can generate a significant amount of cash for someone watching the kids at the same time?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenna
liking it

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:53:29 PM »

My girlfriend's father started selling itmes on ebay.  Most of the items were clothes, shoes, and jewlery.  As time went on, he expanded it to include computer hardware, CD's, computer printers, fax machines, and scanners.  I don't know if he made a lot of money doing it, but he looked very happy with the results. 
lilo
just starting

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

Today there are many Dad's who are trying to start their own business while staying at home.  Many are eager to try anything to generate money.  Does anyone have suggestions on good home based businesses for stay at home Dad's?  Is there anything out there that can generate a significant amount of cash for someone watching the kids at the same time?

Your own business, no matter how small that it. But you'll have to come up with a great and profitable idea of course.
http://www.cvtips.com/choosing_home_business.html

Career adviser
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:07 PM »

Pretty much any home business can be worked around family commitments but the amount of time you have to spend on the business and the quality of your idea will both impact on the income that you make. Working for yourself carries greater risk but also greater reward (if it works out).  An alternative is to do work for others.  Quite often home businesses are linked to the Internet and technology so you need to be quite comfortable with this.

Forum Management
Forum Management
Administrator
settling in

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »

There is quite a good article here about choosing your career and many of the ideas will apply equally to what you might do as a home business.

Forum Management

HireScore.com Forum: bringing together recruiters, candidates and hiring companies

Have you visited HireScores.com?
Seb
just starting

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »

One thing to really avoid is those get rich quick schemes.  Mostly you can spot them because they ask you for an amount of money up front - often not too much - and then say that if you follow the advice they will send you, then you will earn thousands.
LC
just starting

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »

This is an interesting one for me because when my husband and I had daughter no.2, extra child care just wasn't a financial option (those of you, like me, who have been stung by the Uks WFTC system will know what I mean!). At the time, I had a very well paid job in HR so I needed to return to work which meant that my husband was the one who stayed at home to look after the girls. He used his army training to start a domestic ironing service. We're now 18 months down the line and his business is still going and doing very well and he still runs it from home.
There are a couple of good sites to offer information if you want to work from home although I agree with Seb - don't' fall into the trap of these 'get rich quick' schemes, they are very rarely genuine opportunities. I wrote a blog post on this very thing a short while ago with some good links. (http://conceptcv.typepad.com/conceptcv/2007/09/britain---a-nat.html)

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace