Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 23, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Any benefits of joining an alumni organization?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Any benefits of joining an alumni organization?  (Read 1192 times)
Spinner
liking it

« on: September 28, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »

One of the greatest benefits of a college degree is joining your college or university alumni organization.  Has anyone actually gone too an alumni for a job lead? I would think, they are more likely to help you since you both attened the same college.  What are your thoughts on using this tactic to generate job leads?
Report to moderator   Logged
Janey
settling in

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

In my opinion, joining an alumni organization can be helpful to find a certain job opening within a company. Many tend to help their fellow alumni and if they know you personally, this may further increase your chances of getting the job. I suggest attending alumni meetings and banquets to meet new people and get noticed.  The more people who become familiar with you, the better your chances are of finding the right job that meets your needs.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace