Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 26, 2014, 07:30:17 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)Help others through your experiences
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Help others through your experiences  (Read 5254 times)
HireScoresMark
Forum Moderator
just starting

« on: March 20, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »

Hello people

My name's Mark and I do a little work around here at HireScores. I've been drafted in to moderate this forum but in all honesty we're hoping to get some real honest feedback about your real life experiences within the recruitment industry.

Who's been good?

Who's been bad?

Who hasn't done anything at all?

The more you share, the more you can help other job seekers in the future. The only thing I'd ask is that you keep it clean and fair.

Thanks guys,

Mark

P.S. Whatever your experiences make sure you head over to the main HireScores site and rate the firm you dealt with - you can even win some free stuff.
Report to moderator   Logged

Betty
liking it

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:38:20 AM »

My only experience with job recruiters has been through my college.  They used to come in to find people graduating with business degrees such as accounting, finance or marketing.  There were never any recruiters for the health industry or human service department.  I'm not sure the reason why.  Maybe the job market was different 15 years ago. 
HireScoresMark
Forum Moderator
just starting

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

Thanks for that Betty

I think we're (i.e. the site) having a few problems with terminology -  just take recruitment agencies to mean employment agencies and vice versa  Grin

holeary
just starting

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »

to be honest i've only just signed up to an agency, i've never had to use them before, what i'm finding now after nearly a year unemployed is that i'm up against people with better qualifications or more experience.  I have signed up to http://www.recruitmentrevolution.com and they have put me forward for a job already so i think they're pretty good but i dont have much to compare them to.  They have already given me plenty of advice on C.V's and interview techniques and i think that my interviews have let me down so if they can give me the edge then great!
dave.atkinson
just starting

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »

Dear all,

Just a quick note to share my recent experience of working with the recruitment consultant, Wilde Recruitment, based in Stockport, Cheshire.

After a multistage selection process in late 2010 I was essentially selected to attend a final interview with an engineering company. The interview was to be held at the engineering company's head office. I was advised by Wilde in advance in writing that they would refund the cost of my transport for the 500 mile return trip.

This was in January this year and the end result was that the company concerned eventually placed the selection process on hold. However, in spite of numerous requests and reminders I have not been able to recover the transport cost for the 500 mile return trip, 8 months after attending the interview.

It is also worth noting that I found their entire approach unprofessional and would never consider using them for my own career development, nor for any search and selection assignments I manage on behalf of my current employer.

In summary I could never recommend the services of this organisation.

If you are looking for a service provider I would recommend Nigel Wright, Kelly Services or Michael Page amongst the larger organisations.

Dave Atkinson
Northallerton, North Yorkshire

forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »

Hi Dave welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com?

Are you registered on the site itself? That's the best way to review and rate agencies is all and your comments will be displayed on said company's profile for everybody to see.

If I can help with anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »

Indeed welcome Dave.

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »

Now we have a mod does this mean an end to all that spam?
I dont need Canadian Pills!
Jason
liking it

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

Do you want to know about the hirer's experience too?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:50:31 PM »

Hi Jason. Absolutely. The site is (in part) about rating experiences with agencies. That can be done by candidates or employers. Registration takes just a couple of minutes and can be done here.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »

Hey Dave welcome to these discussions.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:44 AM »

Hello and welcome!
Pages: [1]