Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 22, 2014, 01:06:55 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Question regarding online Universities
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Question regarding online Universities  (Read 1847 times)
stanford
liking it

« on: March 20, 2007, 05:57:34 AM »

Hi,

I am in the process of making a career change and I want to take some classes at a university.  The problem I am having is finding the time to go to classes.  I have been looking at online universities and was wondering if anyone has taken classes online.  I would be interested in any positive or negative feedback. Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »

Hi Stanford

I did a correspondence course (for my professional qualifications) some time ago (before on line was around).  I am pretty positive that they are not 'on line'.  I think that this is a good way to learn and certainly fits around work better.  Most of these courses include a few 'weekend schools' - which I also did.  They are tiring if you work a full week on either side but it does give a chance to do some practical stuff and also network.

Also if you pick a big school or a local one you can also create a network where the students can come together say once a month to talk through issues, do some study etc.  Most schools will help you set one of these up

I hope it goes well

Betty
liking it

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:24:03 AM »

I have three children and I'm a stay at home Mom.  I was also thinking of taking a few classes on-line because of my busy schedule.  Having children, taking care of the home, doing errands, and taking kids to their sporting games is a full day.  However, having the opportunity to take a class on line will is a great solution for me.  I am in the process of getting some information about on-line courses at our local university. I am very eager to hear what they have to say and the type of courses that are available.  If all goes well, I will be an online student next semester and hopefully graduate with a new career!
HireScoresMark
Forum Moderator
just starting

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »

I know quite a few universities that offer distance learning degrees - University of London for example has a well regarded 'external program' - where you study exactly the same course as a f/t 'on campus' student but in your own time and then sit the same exams but at a centre near you.

With that in mind you might not need to limit yourself to the local university - unless it's the one you'd want to 'go to' anyway

Greg
liking it

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:17:56 PM »

Online learning is the new trend.  I think it's an excellent way to get an education.  Some people are afraid to interact with a computer and they may not feel they're getting a good education.  That's all wrong.  If you have any questions, you can always call your professor or send an email.  You can even interact with students in the classroom forum.  Your classes are held any time of the day that is convenient for you.  I wish they had online classes when I was in college.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace