Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 02, 2014, 05:22:04 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Finding jobs on-line
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Finding jobs on-line  (Read 2596 times)
Greg
liking it

« on: September 01, 2007, 09:25:04 PM »

Has any one gotten a job through on-line job classifies such as monster.com?  Are they really helpful?  I would think my chances of successfully getting a job through the internet might be more difficult because there is more candidates from around the world competing for the same job position.  Does that sound logical? What is everyone's thoughts on this topic?
Report to moderator   Logged
lilo
just starting

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »

Of course the competition is big, it's a normal thing. But with job searching on-line, the key stands in effective job-sites search. There are some specific criteria by which one should choose the best job site possible. Things like page rank, results, notoriety make my words relevant. So here's how to efficiently search a good job site:

http://www.cvtips.com/identify_best_job_site.html

Now about the monster.com thing....I have heard some successful stories, but cannot tell whether they are being realistic or not Smiley

Career adviser
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

You ask a very good question, Greg.  The introduction of on line recruitment does put up the numbers - numbers of jobs made available as well as number of applications.  This in turn can put pressure on the system leading to cruder shortlisting techniques etc which might mean a few suitable candidates get screened out alongside the unsuitable. From a candidates point of view the temptation is to just up the anti - apply for more and more jobs (without so much careful thought and preparation) and pack your on line CV with buzz words and skills etc.  But in reality this does not help.

Your rate of success with on-line applications does continue to be dependent on the amount of care and effort you put into the application.  Also, just because the internet is providing you with a communication vehicle it does not mean that you cannot augment it with personal contact. On-line sites are conduits to recruitment agencies (and real people) and if you know that you are well suited to a particular job (i.e. if you really would hire yourself) then you should follow it up with personal contact with the agency. They may have something else or something else may come up.

And on-line or not finding a new job can be hard work - you have to be disciplined with your applications and also quite determined.  You cannot get round everywhere so you also need to decide where you are going to place your efforts and then keep it up. 

Forum Management
Forum Management
Administrator
settling in

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »

I absolutely agree, Lisette, that job hunting is hard work.  HireScores.com of course, aims to make it all just that much easier - helping you find recruiters (via our ratings and directory) and indeed on-line sites - via our job board directory - which are right for you.

Forum Management

HireScore.com Forum: bringing together recruiters, candidates and hiring companies

Have you visited HireScores.com?
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:35:04 AM »

Has any one gotten a job through on-line job classifies such as monster.com?  Are they really helpful?  I would think my chances of successfully getting a job through the internet might be more difficult because there is more candidates from around the world competing for the same job position.  Does that sound logical? What is everyone's thoughts on this topic?

Craigslist is another one actually Monster and Craigslist is competing each other..

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »

I heard a while ago about some kind of scandal involving Craigslist...have stalkers been using it or something like that? People trying to entice girls?
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 12:44:16 AM »

It's just a public listings site.

Anybody can list.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 01:28:24 AM »

I thought it was an american site?
philipj
just starting

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »

Yes the competition will be very high as many candidates will be competing for the same job from around the world.You should be careful before searching jobs on internet as there are many sites which are fake you should choose the best job sites which can really help you to find a job.

immigration usa

work in usa
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace