Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 06:08:44 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)What is your experience of going online looking for work?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: What is your experience of going online looking for work?  (Read 4487 times)
Delta
just starting

« on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:13 AM »

There is a popular trend now a days of going on-line to find a job.  Is this a common practice for many of you?  Is it helpful?  How often do you go on-line to find work? I personally think its a great way to find work in another state or country.  Does everyone agree?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:59:47 AM by Delta » Report to moderator   Logged
lilo
just starting

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

There is a popular trend now a days of going on-line to find a job.  Is this a common practice for many of you?  Is it helpful?  How often do you go on-line to find work? I personally think its a great way to find work in another state or country.  Does everyone agree?

Oh, yes, it is a perfect way to find a job in another state or abroad, but trust me, it is not easy and not very often effective if not done in the right place. For instance, we have a site in our country which is dedicated exclusively to job search. And it is quite effective because it is safe and only serious people and companies join. But we also have some which are actually made just like that and employers do not respect their interview schedule, or their initial offers etc. It really depends where you start your online job search

http://www.cvtips.com/job_search_website.html

I'm always having in mind those tips when searching a good job site. Especially the ranking.
Report to moderator   Logged

Career adviser
Circus
just starting

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »

Hi Lilo

You mention 'your country' so I would be interested to know what it is??  Smiley
CareerCreature
just starting

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »

I've never applied anywhere online
CareerCreature
just starting

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 11:10:26 PM »

Oh wait yes i have, i applied to walgreens online once lol
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »

I once went to Home depot looking for a job.  The clerk directed me to the personnel department and rather than giving me a form to complete, I was instructed to fill out an application on their computer.  The application wasn't too bad, I would have liked to take the application home and fill it out on my own time.  I suppose it saves the company time and it can process the applications faster.  I just wish to have been given a choice between a hand written application and one on the computer.
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »

The only benefit is putting your CV on the Internet, is getting it on job boards and employers or recruitment firms seeing it on there.
Chevy
liking it

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:42:38 AM »

I think one of the other advantages of having your resume online is you are setting up a network of people who might be able to give you leads.  It also provides an excellent opportunity for others to review your resume and provide feedback on it.  I see no harm to putting your resume online.  What could possibly go wrong?
Human Resources Philippin
just starting

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »

I find it very helpful.The effectivity of online hiring is much higher and more convenient compared to agencies. Online hiring has a much wider range of locating potential employees.

hr consulting philippines
Staffing Agency Makati
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 05:33:30 AM »

I know many guys who keep updating their cvs but couldn't find the exact match, i know there are numerous Local job sites but they search Kohinoor in Diamonds..where an average person get job? I STOPPED searching on Job sites.. Classifieds are Best for me !

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace