Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 21, 2014, 11:09:16 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)New Agency Scam
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: New Agency Scam  (Read 3300 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: May 13, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »

The job boards such as Total Jobs must be getting wise (or complaints abour fake jobs posted by agencies) There are far fewer jobs at present and now I am getting e mails like this to scam my updated CV for a fake job on a huge salary.
I am writing to inform you of a position that is being advertised today with a salary range of between £50k and £70k per annum that may be of interest.  Copy of job ad below:

This email has been sent to a number of people, so I apologise if it is not relevant to you.  You could use this as an opportunity to update me with your current employment situation.

Project Manager required for large residential development - South East London

Project Manager required for large residential development consisting of circa 500 units commencing towards the end of 2011. 

Initially the successful candidate will be required to oversee the completion of 115 units of another site which is due to finish early 2012 whilst setting up the long term project of circa 500 units which is due to commence Autumn / Winter 2011

Applicants need to be stand alone and have an outstanding record of Health and Safety, Quality and progamme.  Residential experience is essential and applicants must be able to oversee / co-ordinate the design, procurement and construction of a project from inception through to completion.

NHBC Awards would be advantageous

Responsibilities will include taking control of all construction matters on site, managing sub contractors quality throughout the build including the finished product, coordinate other activities throughout the scheme including technical and sales related items.  Ensure full compliance of Health and Safety procedures, review the programme continuously, monitor the sub contract programmes, chair various on site meetings with Site Management and Sub contractors and all other duties of a Project Manager to ensure the smooth running of the project and the completion on time and to the correct specification.

Project Managers - Please only apply for this position if you have the relevant experience to Project Manage this size and type of project.

If you have the correct prior experience and believe you could successfully manage the project mentioned above, please apply by sending through an up to date CV highlighting the relevant experience.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ian

If this position is not for you, but you know someone who would be interested please do feel free to pass on my contact details.
Report to moderator   Logged
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »

Where did this come from then?

An actual agency?
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:14:48 AM »

If this did come from an agency you should consider reporting them. Is there somewhere an agency can be reported to?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »

Agency number 1  was  grosvenor maxwell

Agency number 2 was www.mrgpeople.co.uk

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »

Do you know if this is pure spam or if there is a real job behind it?

It certainly seems to be pure spam.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »

Reads to me like a real "dream" job designed to gain the maximum amount of CV's for other less great jobs. Did that make sense?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »

They just want a Cv and availability update.

Jobs in all probability dont exist!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

Have you considered reporting whoever sent this to you to the REC?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »

If I reported all the agencies and their employees who have broken the REC rules over the last year or so (that is just what I have noted)  I would not do much else each day.  I suspect they all rely on this!  How about the REC investigating all agencies as and ongoing process?

Lets face it even if you did report it how long would it be before anything was done (if anything!).  Then it would be a slap on the wrists, don't do it again, human error etc etc.

I have made a complaint to the ICO about data protection breach.  It took a year for them to investigate it.  They found the rules had been breached.  No fines were issued, no publication of the company involved.  All that happend was they were told to improve and revise their procedures.  Meantime I spent hours sending them copies of letters and e mails and chasing them up.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »

This is probably true...about the amount of complaints the REC must get that is.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:27:52 AM »

Inundated.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »

I doubt many people actually report things to the REC...apart from huge errors that is.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

They KNOW that the REC wont do anything anyway.

Most candidiates are trying to get a job first and formost. 

If I complained about EVERY agancy that breaks the rules and guidlines it would be my full-time job!
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

It seems a great job for you would be to work for the REC. You could be in the "internal affairs" division agencies would hate to see you coming.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »

That would be a job I would love!

Except that REC is probably run for recruitment agencies by recruitment agencies
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:30:18 PM by Jasper9 » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace