Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 28, 2014, 10:36:17 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Politics Anybody?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Politics Anybody?  (Read 3094 times)
Gota
having fun

« on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »

I was just posting a message about Unison's smear tactics of the LibDems last week an wondered if anybody was up for a political discussion?

What do people think of the coalition so far?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »

Lest face it the coalition was a perfect excuse for them both to break pre election manifesto promises.

The LIB DEMs made a big thing out of signing a pledge that they went back on.  That is them now finished for a generation.

It was a pity that the AV vote wasn't a YES.  Not to help the Lib Dems but make ALL MPs accountable and have to WORK not just get re elected in safe seats.
That said the No campaign said AV was too complicated for the electorate to understand and given the size of the No vote perhaps it was!
The general public are too thick to understand issues.  they vote as they are told to.  the daily Mail had a whole front page with just a headline endorsing everyone to vote NO.  So much for independent NEWS.

As for the austerity cuts.  A 5 note is Worth the cost it takes to produce it mo more or less.  It is paper.  The value is not related to our Gold reserves.  All FIAT money is at risk of hyperinflation.  We can pay off debts by printing more money.  No need for 4 million to be out of work.  It is all a smoke screen for people to make money out of the little people.

Wait and see what happens in USA after their election.  That's when the financial collapse will come!  You heard It here first!

My advice buy gold at Bullionvault!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »

Are you saying the wanted to break their manifesto promises? You said it was a perfect excuse to do this? They clearly had to break some since neither party won outright. Coalition equals compromise.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

Promises are promises.

Signed pledges are even more cast in stone.

This whole thing is an excuse to not do what was said.

If money is an issue, why are we giving  yes GIVING   650 million a year to Pakistan, (who harboured Bin Laden for years), so they can build schools when are own schools are being axed?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:57 AM »

I voted YES in the AV referendum.

My second choice was NO
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 03:29:24 PM »

Wink

Me too.

In the local council elections I wanted to put 1,2,3,4 but have never trashed a ballot paper yet so couldn't bring myself to do it.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »

Now the politicians have conned the thick British public into voting NO in the AV referendum,  what really is the point of voting at all.  Most seats never change for decades!

The promises are broken and  whatever party gets in they make a hash of it or ride a Worldwide boom.

All cheating lying money grabbing shysters with about as much of a clue as Scooby Doo!
Jason
liking it

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »

....................they make a hash of it or ride a Worldwide boom.

All cheating lying money grabbing shysters ...................

They ARE us, like it or not.

People don't have to vote for what The Sun tells them to. In fact more people vote for Big Brother than vote in an election.  "We" the people get the government we deserve.

Democracy has to be about participation, if people can't be bothered then why should democracy be bothered about them?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »

Only around 42% "turned up" to vote for the AV referendum.  I was one of them because I wanted my future votes to MATTER.

By the way it was the Daily Mail not The Sun  but the opinion on AV was the same.  Who gets in government is NOT controlled by those who vote.

The only way people's views are taken seriously is when there is a riot.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:17:07 AM »

I was just saying in another strand that left is fair and right is selfish. Summat like that anyway. The AV things proves my point.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »

So we now have a LibDem minister who fiddled his expenses because he was worried his electorate may find out he was gay! 
He paid rent to his rent boy!

He should go to jail with the others.  Just because it wasn't deemed unintentional it was still fraud!

How long would anyone else last in a job if they fiddled like that?
Gota
having fun

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

It was his family I think that he didn't want to find out.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

I BET IS WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Like Fred Goodwin who lost all our country's money
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:42:58 PM by forum admin » Report to moderator   Logged
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »

Is was? Is that like Tiswas?  Wink

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace