Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 26, 2014, 06:08:22 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)My job search experience VS recruitment agencies
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: My job search experience VS recruitment agencies  (Read 1786 times)
themoogster
just starting

« on: May 04, 2011, 09:43:21 PM »

I would like to share with everyone my current experience regarding my current job search. I would like to point out, I assume not ALL agencies are inadequate however I have not yet met one that is not. I recently decided to look for a new job within Sales Management, as I have extensive experience within the role. Over the last 3 days I have applied via online 40 vacancies, these have been posted by around 25 different agencies that use the various well known job matching services.I carefully selected vacancies that matched my skills and experience. At present I have not recieved a phonecall, or an email regarding any of my applications. I decided to give 10 agencies a call, and to my disappointment not one of the named contacts was available to talk to me. The only 'success' was one agency the contact was on the 'other line'(a favourite line for them), his colleague explained that the person would be contacting me in due course, as I have made the shortlist. I am still waiting for the call, its been 3 days.

Previous to this, I decided to visit the offices personally to see what type of result I can get. Bad idea!!! Armed with various copies of my CV I hit the streets. I visited 5 agencies in my area, not one of them wanted to sit down and discuss my options. They all told me to send my CV by email and to register online. I was so appalled by the service provided by one of the agencies that I complained to head office.Who to my surprise acted very quickly to apologise. All in all I wonder if employers are actually aware how poor the service is in regarding finding candidates. Embarrassed  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:47:08 PM by themoogster » Report to moderator   Logged
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com. Sorry to hear about your negative experiences but you've certainly come to the right place to talk about them. Are you a registered candidate here at HireScores.com? Did you know you can rate and review your bad experiences with us and those comments will appear on a public profile?
Report to moderator   Logged

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

Hi Moogster,

Welcome to the world of recruitment agencies!  A few misguided fools on here believe there are some good agencies around.  Like you I have never come across any.

All you can do is search yourself and apply direct to companies.  Most will even reply to your e mail.

Don't rely on recruitment agencies they are ALL RUBBISH.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »

Misguided fools is not a nice thing to say.

I've come across quite a few good ones myself but will not repay an insult with an insult.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »

I don't think that was aimed at anybody specific myself it reads more like a general statement.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:30:07 AM »

It was a general statement but nothing will stop the cap fitting if it does!
Gota
having fun

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »

Easy now peeps. Let's smoke the pipe of peace eh? Lol.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace