Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 24, 2014, 07:25:46 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)SALARY LEVELS
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: SALARY LEVELS  (Read 1618 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: March 26, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »

What is it with job adverts and employers who do not give a salary level or even a salary range for vacancies they have.

Let's face it, no one would go to work if they didn't get paid.  Whatever is said here, salary is the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR when deciding on taking or applying for a job.

You wouldn't go and look at a new car without knowing what the price was or anything else for that matter.

Are firms hoping that applicants will be so keen/desperate to take the job that they will accept a derisory salary offer?

Are they ashamed that they pay so little that they don't want everyone to know?

Are they afraid they may end up  paying more than they may be able to get away with?

Agencies are one of the worst offenders, as they state a range that is above that their clients are prepared to pay!  They hope that the candidates will take a lower offer and/or the clients will offer more than they want to when they see the calibre of applicant.  Both scenarios are wrong in my recent experience.

I have seen one job with a range of 40k - 50k. Anyone offered 40k will feel short changed. No one will get 50k.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »

I just applied for a job and it said: "Competitive salary". In my covering letter I had to say what I'm currently earning. I assume they want to get away with paying somebody as little as possible.

Most employers are shisters plain and simple.

I mean seriously..."competitive" means nothing.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »

Competitive means they think the salary levels on offer are competitive with other companies.  BUT..................
as soon as you give your current or previous salary THAT becomes the benchmark.

In my experience you would be lucky to get more than 1000 or 2.5% more than your old job paid!

Employers are shysters!  and it is not even their money but shareholder's money most of the time too!
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:28:34 AM »

It doesn't seem like an option as I applied two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet so I guess it's another wasted application  Sad.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace