Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

December 22, 2014, 07:21:09 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Unsuccessful Job Applicants Can Harm Employers
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Unsuccessful Job Applicants Can Harm Employers  (Read 3062 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: March 04, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »

Almost half (49%) of UK job candidates have a negative perception of an organisation following an unsuccessful job application, according to research by talent assessment solutions provider SHL.

The research, which questioned 1,600 UK adults, found that 24% of respondents had had two or three bad experiences in the past and 6% as many as four or five, while 18% of respondents who had been through a bad recruitment experience had stopped doing business with the company as a direct result.

A further survey by SHL of 500 UK recruitment professionals shows that 25% of recruiters say they are overstretched as a result of increased job applications and of these, 19% say they are now unable to let candidates know when they have received their application.

The survey also shows that 17% donít provide detailed feedback to interviewed candidates and 15% canít let candidates know if they have not been successful after an initial application.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

Could this be sour grapes though? I'd only have a negative opinion of a company that didn't give me the job if the recruitment process was shoddy. If everything was good but I just didn't get the job...fair play.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »

It sounds like it probably would be sour grapes. How many companies can have really bad recruitment policies and process?
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »

You better believe it!

Don't get mad - get even!

And not just employers but also recruitment agencies who will suffer.

There is nothing as sweet as revenge a dish best served cold.

That river is overflowing with the bodies of MY enemies as they drift on by.

If the process was far more honest and respectable then this would not be an issue.
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »

Forgiveness is far better than anger believe me.
Jason
liking it

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »

I had 200+ applicants for 2 jobs that were on offer.

If all the ones that didn't get it want revenge then I'm toast Shocked

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

If people don't get a job because they aren't the best candidate and then want revenge there's something wrong with them.

Three words come to mind.

Get over it.

Two more.

Move on.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »

I had 200+ applicants for 2 jobs that were on offer.

If all the ones that didn't get it want revenge then I'm toast Shocked

It depends if you treated them with dignity and courtesy.  Did you write to all those who were unsuccessful?
Jason
liking it

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »

It depends if you treated them with dignity and courtesy.  Did you write to all those who were unsuccessful?

Yes, and you know what?  I only did because of seeing the way it makes people feel on here, sorry to have to admit that.  And it's obviously such a massive bugbear that I got three people write back and say thank you for letting me know!

Even if I hadn't though, it shouldn't warrant revenge.  I don't take revenge on people who are rude to me in life in general.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 01:59:54 PM »

Well said Jason. Revenge is worthless in every example. Forgiveness does more for the wronged person than the person being forgiven.

I'd heartily recommend it.

bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »

Could this be sour grapes though? I'd only have a negative opinion of a company that didn't give me the job if the recruitment process was shoddy. If everything was good but I just didn't get the job...fair play.

I agree entirely, though I always appreciate a response, even if it is just a one line email. Little things like that can help from positive perceptions of a company.
I try and get feedback from any unsuccessful job application but can appreciate when there are 200+ applications it isn't always possible.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »

IT IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Just laziness and indifference of the employers.

Those applying made an effort to find the vacancy ad and apply, perhaps even go to an interview. 

AND well done to Jason for letting everyone know.  The fact that he got three replies thanking him, proves this is the right thing to do.  No one would have taken "revenge" on Jason personally, but the company could be rubbished online for their indifference.  A great place to do this is https://www.glassdoor.com/profile/login_input.htm
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »

Or here: http://www.judgethejob.com/

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace