Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

November 26, 2014, 12:07:18 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)Worrying Why i'm not getting any work
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Worrying Why i'm not getting any work  (Read 3572 times)
jody10
just starting

« on: March 02, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

I left a part time job(13 hours a week) For a job with a agency. I was ment to start this Monday, but they rang me last Tuesday and said there where desperate for staff and could I come in, I obviously said yes. I ended up doing 32 hours last week. This week I did 8 hours Monday and i've been told the last two days there isn't any work, but two of my friends have been in all week. I'm getting parnoid now. One of my friends has been there a month and the other the same time as me.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jason
liking it

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »

oh dear!  What sort of work is it?  Was there something about the job you didn't get to grips with?  There are so many people looking for work at the moment it may just be a numbers thing like they decided they don't need 2 extra, only one.  We had a position here for 2 part time telephonists and we got over 200 cv's, overwhelming really.  Hope things pick up for you soon.  What do you do?  What are you good at?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
jody10
just starting

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »

oh dear!  What sort of work is it?  Was there something about the job you didn't get to grips with?  There are so many people looking for work at the moment it may just be a numbers thing like they decided they don't need 2 extra, only one.  We had a position here for 2 part time telephonists and we got over 200 cv's, overwhelming really.  Hope things pick up for you soon.  What do you do?  What are you good at?

Its just factory work, A monkey could do it. It was working on line, packaging items and pallatising. I'm just so frustarted ATM, i'm biggening to wish I stayed at my old job. At least I was getting guaranteed 13 hours, its really stressing me out  Embarrassed
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Jody.
jody10
just starting

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »

Just hope i've made the right decision  Sad
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »

All you can do now the decision has been made is to try and stay positive.

That's easy for me to say of course.
jody10
just starting

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

Well I havn't had any hours this week. The women who managers the agecy sent me a text saying No not tomorrow, will let you know, I will get you back in.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »

Well I haven't had any hours this week. The women who managers the agency sent me a text saying No not tomorrow, will let you know, I will get you back in.

What you should do is register with other agencies.  When these a*s*holes call you in a few Weeks you wont be available for them.
You are being used as a commodity. Not right - not fair and not acceptable.
jody10
just starting

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »

Well I haven't had any hours this week. The women who managers the agency sent me a text saying No not tomorrow, will let you know, I will get you back in.

What you should do is register with other agencies.  When these a*s*holes call you in a few Weeks you wont be available for them.
You are being used as a commodity. Not right - not fair and not acceptable.

Whats a commodity?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »

Oh dear!

A commodity is a physical  goods or something that is traded.  Iron Ore, Gold, wheat, electricty, gas oil and as you have discovered  - PEOPLE.

And who said the slave trade was dead!
jody10
just starting

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »

Oh dear!

A commodity is a physical  goods or something that is traded.  Iron Ore, Gold, wheat, electricty, gas oil and as you have discovered  - PEOPLE.

And who said the slave trade was dead!

Oh knew what it mend in that way. Just didn't understand it in the context you used it in. I've not had a shift for two weeks now, but i've registered with a few more agencies and going to ring some more tomorrow.
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »

Good idea, register for as many as possible and tell them that you are with other agencies, then they may try harder to get you a job as thyey earn commission for every person they find a job for.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

Now that sounds like a plan  Grin.
jody10
just starting

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »

I rang about ten agencies yesterday, but only 2 where taking new applicates. Most said they had more people then they had work. I've applied for about 30+ jobs in the last few weeks.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

Agencies will know you are getting "desperate".  You may find the rates you are offered get lower and lower.

My advice would be to forget about agencies and visit firms yourself in person.

In the past I have hired quite a lot of people after they came to see me when I was working. 

Visiting firms shows that you can get up in the morning and are keen.  They also get to see you which helps.
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace