Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 30, 2014, 08:12:53 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)CV Template Site Help
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: CV Template Site Help  (Read 4706 times)
www.JobsVitae.co.uk
just starting

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »

I used jobsvitae.co.UK recently there free cv wizard was very good
http://www.jobsvitae.co.uk/free-cv

I would defo stay away from e-cvs.net
they said they were free and when you get to the end they try and charge you and since I filled in there form I have been constantly spammed by them. very dodgy.

I hate those websites that try and sell unemployed people "services"  CV writing and evaluation, letter writing and professional development or training.   Total Jobs is one of the WORST!

Hi Japser9
My Name is Leon Hunt and I am the MD of www.JobsVitae.co.uk.

Your comments got picked up on Google Alerts. So I thought I would take the time out to reply.
12 months ago when I decided to start up a job board. I did what any other sane person would and I under took a case study on the competition and the first thing that struck me was the amount of sites that were trying to charge candidates for tools and services and the lack of quality that they offered.

Thats when I had my eureka moment "The Freemium model". well not really my eureka moment as Google had been using it for some time. so instead of charging candidates to use the tools that we have provided they can use them for free.

so what does jobsvitae get out of it?
A site that is regarded as a true career site and not just another off the shelf scripted job board. that is regurgitating the same old tripe that you see on a 100 other sites.
And?
I increase the amount of visits I get to the site which in turn makes it more popular with the search engines.

So how does JobsVitae get paid?
Adverts. in the same way that Google displays sponsored adverts on the right hand side of there search page. we do exactly the same. every time a candidate clicks an ad we get paid a small percentage of the advertising fee. we even take our advert feed directly from Google. 

The next tool we are currently work is a free covering letter wizard that will adapt dynamically to the role and market place in which the candidate works. helping them format the letter in the best possible manner.

If anyone has any question, comments or suggestions then please fell free to contact me
http://www.jobsvitae.co.uk/contact/

Kind Regards
Leon Hunt

Report to moderator   Logged
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »

Hi Leon.

Forgive me but I can't quite tell if this is spam or not.

Either way pleased to meet you.
www.JobsVitae.co.uk
just starting

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »

Hi Jonathan
I think passion for my site took over a little sorry.   Embarrassed
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »

Passion is good.

Welcome Leon.

Are you a recruitment agency or a Job Board and are you registered with us here at HireScores.com? Would you like to be?

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »

Not exactly FREE!!  http://www.jobsvitae.co.uk/prices/  - but maybe useful to some people who come here. 

No sign of google adsense ads?

And £50 per week for advertising on a Page Rank 1 site you are having a laugh!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:53:08 PM by Jasper9 » Report to moderator   Logged
www.JobsVitae.co.uk
just starting

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »

Not exactly FREE!!  http://www.jobsvitae.co.uk/prices/  - but maybe useful to some people who come here. 

No sign of google adsense ads?

And 50 per week for advertising on a Pahe Rank 1 site you are having a laugh!

Hi Jasper9
and any other board members that I may have upset with my last post.
it was not my intention I was sympathising with the thread as I too think it is awful to profit from a candidate directly.

I thought I had expressed clearly and openly that all candidate tools were completely FREE. I once again apologise if that was not the case.

I am not sure where you got 50 per week from but if you read closely all of our premium job listings are free not only that we are also offering 100 free credits. so recruiter can trial our premium products for free.
Voucher reference: Jobsvitae.co.uk

If you take a look at our FREE CV wizard you will see 3 adsense units running that we are currently split testing for performance.

Here is the link to our FREE CV Wizard.
http://www.jobsvitae.co.uk/free-cv

The site has been in full release code for 1 month and we already have 10,000+ registered candidates and 4,000+ live candidates, 152 recruiters signed up and increasing daily and our traffic is quadrupling month on month(since beta code).

We are extremely proud of our PR1. we achieved it in a 4 month period. not bad for a site just out of the gate.

If anyone ever try's to charge you for any candidate services on behalf of Jobsvitae drop me a line as they do not represent my company in anyway shape or form.

if anyone has any ideas for tools, utilities or guides that may be of assistance to candidates drop us a line with your ideas and we will see if can get them onto the site.

Kind Regards
Leon Hunt
www.jobsvitae.co.uk

P.S.
Forum Admin
I dont have a listing and would like one do you have the relevant information please and sorry for rambling on again.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »

At least you got a couple of backlinks to your site here so that will help get you to the heady heights of PR2 one day!
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »

LOL.
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace