Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 31, 2014, 03:13:47 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Post Interview
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Post Interview  (Read 915 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: February 19, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »

So you have had an interview after travelling 80 miles each way and after spending the day before finding out about the company and investing in the travelling costs! 

At the end of the interview you ask when a decision is Likely to be made and you are given a day/date.

Am I being unreasonable to think that ALL people interviewed should be informed of the outcome at the earliest possibility?   Sp far it is TWO WEEKS and counting!

The agency concerned is useless and the interviewer is too "busy" to make a 10 minutes phone call.

I think it is crass bad manners to not inform those who are unsuccessful or to string along people whilst other candidates are being interviewed in the weeks ahead.

I have heard of one arsehole seeing up to 90 people and hiring no one (as yet)  at least my interview with him was cancelled at the last minute.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:57:23 PM by Jasper9 » Report to moderator   Logged
Gota
having fun

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »

This is no good sorry to hear about this bad experience Jasper. Have you heard yet?
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:01:26 PM »

No now three weeks.

The agency say that it is "not unusual to get a decision anytime up to four weeks after the interview"

I have given up on this now, bad manners.  I couldn't work for someone who treated people with such indifference.

I may even write to the company chairman and say this reflects extremely badly on the company that has his name!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »

Jasper do you tweet?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:19:38 AM »

No I dont tweet.