Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 29, 2014, 03:46:22 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Green Technologies Could Provide Jobs Boost In UK
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Green Technologies Could Provide Jobs Boost In UK  (Read 803 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: February 12, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »

The uptake of new, green technologies and the development of energy efficiency could help improve the employment and job prospects of Brits in the future, it has been claimed.

Chris Hewett, associate at Green Alliance, said the green technology sector in the UK could become a world leader and this, in turn, could help deliver a greater number of job opportunities in the years ahead.

He commented: "We do have the skills in existing manufacturing and there is potential for training up a workforce in a whole range of different skills to do that."

Mr Hewett added making the transition to a low-carbon economy could have a significant impact on the future jobs market.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:06:15 AM »

I would've thought that this is a foregone conclusion isn't it? I mean it doesn't seem a huge "claim" to me I certainly hope it happens.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »

It's all based on the UK moving to a low carbon economy. Everybody wants this in practice but people are not prepared to pay the price.
Jason
liking it

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »

There's a massive disconnect between company philosophy and company action.  You find companies promoting home based working now but then organising an international conference in India, flying people in from all over the world to one place.  I'm not bitter just because I wasn't invited or anything Tongue but there is a serious point.  We should video conference more, sure it's not quite the same as "pressing the flesh" but it saves money, energy and time.

Much of the technology is there already, it just needs to be trusted.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »

I agree 100% with Jason.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace