Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 23, 2014, 06:14:03 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)Back the Bid World Cup 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Back the Bid World Cup 2018  (Read 6688 times)
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »

Blatter is bidding for a a FOURTH term, he has been there since 1998. Id he was a president of a coutnry he would have been labeeled a dictator for haning on for power so long. Sadly I think he has too much influence for anyone to challenge him.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »

It is a pity we have wasted so many of our 800,000 each tomahawk missiles on Libya. 

Blatter is one dictator that 800,000 would be money well spent to get rid of.

With a bit of luck the old ba*tard will die soon!
bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

Mohamed Bin Hammam has been confirmed as Sepp Blatter's only challenger in Fifa's presidential election on 1 June.

The 61-year-old Asian confederation chief announced in March that he would stand against Blatter, 75, as head of football's world governing body.

Blatter has been president of Fifa since 1998 and recently pledged that if re-elected for a fourth term, he would step down at its conclusion in 2015.

The president will be elected at a Fifa Congress, which starts on 31 May.

Fifa had set a deadline of 1 April for all candidates to be nominated and the winner will require a two-thirds majority of the valid votes cast in the first ballot, or a majority in the second.

Bin Hammam is Blatter's first challenger since African confederation president Issa Hayatou took him on - and lost by 139 votes to 56 - in 2002.

There are 208 Fifa voters for this contest and the Qatari, who played an influential role in securing the 2022 World Cup for his home nation, rates his chances of becoming the the ninth president of Fifa and the first from Asia as "50-50".

Among his many plans for Fifa are supporting the introduction of goal-line technology, introducing two more officials behind the goals, increasing the body's decision-making power and spreading its wealth.

Bin Hammam, who made his fortune in construction, became president of Qatar club Al Rayyan when he was 24 before taking on roles as the head of Qatar's volleyball and table tennis bodies.

He took command of the Qatar Football Association in 1992 and four years later was elected by the AFC to Fifa's executive.

American journalist Grant Wahl, who announced in February that he intended to stand for presidency as a "people's candidate", did not take his application further.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9445782.stm
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:18:55 AM by forum admin » Report to moderator   Logged
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »

Does it really matter who runs Fifa?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »

Not to me. I can't stand football  Smiley.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »

As long as it is NOT BLATTER   - no it doesnt matter who runs FIFA

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

I know nothing about the politics of FIFA but what's wrong with Blatter?

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »

He is an ancient crony on 1million a year and he really dislikes anything England thats what!
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »

That's right Jasper!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »

Is it a case that he dislikes England or that he has to be "fair and balanced"? Just asking really. Yesterday on FOX news somebody was slating the UN because it "hardly ever sides with the US". That channels only Liberal voice said it isn't supposed to side with the US it's supposed to be fair and balanced. Usually when it comes to matters of football we English are so very arrogant.

I hope my question here makes sense. Just wondering is all if he really is anti England or simply fair and balanced to the rest of the world which I assume is his job?

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »

It's all out now!  £2.5 million bribes asked for by Jack Warner, someone in Paraguay FA wanted a knighthood.

Corrupt through and through.  Vote Blatter Out and change FIFA for good. 
One FA country one vote next time.

By the way could it be that the UN doesn't side with the US because the US always wants a WAR?
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »

I agree in the past about the US always wanting a war but I think Obama's different.

Plus they can't afford it anymore.

He was a reluctant partner in the recent Libya intervention.

Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »

I don't think Obama's any different myself. Just a front for the Pentagon big business war machine.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »

I saw Blood Diamond last night.

needs to be seen but a shocking film.

It occurred to us that if everyone stopped selling weapons and guns to African Nations they would be much better off. 
Seeing children shooting other children terrible.  AND I know it was a film but I have seen children with rifles on the news too.

Arms manufacturers make recruitment agencies seem human!
Gota
having fun

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

I've wanted to see that film for ages but Leo's dodgy sounding African accent put me off. It's worth seeing then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace