Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 22, 2014, 07:24:44 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Employers Warning On Pre-Employment Health Questionnaires
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Employers Warning On Pre-Employment Health Questionnaires  (Read 905 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: October 23, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »

Employers are being urged to withdraw pre-employment health questionnaires, unless they are job specific.

The warning follows a survey by Manchester law firm Pannone which revealed 65% of employers ask candidates pre-employment health questions as a matter of course.

The survey of more than 100 HR directors and senior managers also found that 48% of employers request candidates to fill in health questionnaires before a formal job offer is made.

In addition, 18% said they only asked questions that were specific to the particular role, while 82% asked generic questions.

In recent years many employers, particularly in the public sector, have introduced pre-employment health questionnaires, often as part of the application process.
Report to moderator   Logged

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »

If I employed someone with diabetis or a heart condition I would want to know about it!

At least when the employment causes your health to suffer you can use the pre employement health questionaire to sue the employer.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

I can't see why an employer would have the right to know I have diabetes unless it somehow affected the job directly.

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:28:35 AM »

Durrr!   If you had diabetis and had a "wobbly"  if people knew they would know what to do to save you! 

AND diabetics ofetn have a really bad temper due to sugar levels or something and you could then give them a biscuit to calm then down!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »

There's no need for the "Durrr!"

I would tell somebody at work but I disagree with pre-employment health questionnaires...basically as the item above says. Unless it's job specific. 

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace