Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 25, 2014, 05:01:32 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral employer topics (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Employers should be more empathetic to job seekers!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Employers should be more empathetic to job seekers!  (Read 2736 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: November 01, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »

I found this the other day!  It really says it all about how it FEELS to be looking for work. 

http://blog.totaljobs.com/2010/10/7-ways-to-stay-positive-for-post-redundancy-jobseekers.html?WT.mc_id=R_EM_SV_CD_301010

This is not limited to just those who have been made redundant but also the 1000's that have been forced to leave their jobs by bullying, unrealistic targets and stress, constructive dismissal, unfair dismissal etc etc.

NOT EVERYONE GOES TO A TRIBUNAL after being forced out of their job.  The feeling is just the same as it is for any job seeker.

Employers and especially agencies should remember that not hearing back and false hopes of landing a job do more to demoralise a job hunter than anything else.  It also cost the job hunter money to keep chasing ineffective agency employees who have not called back!
Report to moderator   Logged
Jason
liking it

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »

Very good blog article that.  I was out of work for 6 months about 3 years ago, it was an extremely stressful and depressing experience and I did take the rejections quite personally, it's easy to tell someone not to, but actually being able to pick yourself up and dust yourself down and carry on takes a massive effort.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

I couldn't agree more.

Try being out of work for nine months, a year or even longer.   

Then the very fact you have been out of work for a long time counts against you when the reality is you are probably a BETTER candidate who will WORK HARDER  than someone who has only been out of work for a few weeks.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

I've had long term unemployment go against me when applying for jobs in the past. What a stupid thing to hold against someone? They assume it means you don't want to work. Why? Stupid employers.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

A few years ago I went to an interview and at the end when the director realised I was not working at that time, he made a big deal out of it.  I was virtually looked on as unsuitable from that moment on.

They are only happy when they are poaching some else's staff I suppose.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »

Indeed. Being unemployed in no way automatically means that you do not want to work.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

You also need to factor in that Recruitment Agencies prefer to place people in work, so they can "churn" someone in the vacancy created by the departing employee, it is a wonder ANYONE without a job can actually get a job.
Jason
liking it

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »

You also need to factor in that Recruitment Agencies prefer to place people in work, so they can "churn" someone in the vacancy created by the departing employee, it is a wonder ANYONE without a job can actually get a job.

It isn't that much of a conspiracy.  In my experience Recruitment is very much a bums on seats enterprise, the recruiter doesn't care whether or not the person is in a job, they really do (the good ones) put the hard sell into why they think a particular person is right for the role.  Truth is they don't care, they just want to close the deal for that particular vacancy.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »

You got that wrong matey.  First thing they ask you is who are you working for, then if they find you a new job they will be straight onto to your last employer with candidates, all well ahead of the agency pack of maggots,  for the vacancy you created. 

Even Hays  You may know of them they are one of the Worlds biggest, said last year that churning accounted for most of their profit in 2010, confirming that new vacancies were in short supply.

All well ahead of the agency pack of maggots!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace