Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 23, 2014, 09:03:30 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral recruiter topics (Moderators: Lisette, HireScores.com admin)Recruitment Agencies
Poll
Question: Do you think the world would be a better place WITHOUT recruitment agencies?
Yes - 5 (71.4%)
No - 2 (28.6%)
no opinion either way - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Recruitment Agencies  (Read 1661 times)
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« on: October 11, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »

Recruitment agancies offer little benefit in my opinion even hindering your search for a suitble job. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Jason
liking it

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »

Recruitment Companies are a necessary evil I'm afraid.  I never liked them when I was looking for work but now when I'm looking to hire people they save me so much time.  Recruiting for a position directly means I receive hundreds of cv's whereas when I go to 2 or 3 agencies I get perhaps 6 - 9 pretty good cv's to look at and go straight to interview.

They're a massive time saver.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

At what cost?  You are wasting your company's money using agencies because you cannot be bothered to do the job yourself, or get your junior or HR department to do it.

I advertised a job in the local paper (in 2003) and got 50 replies ,most of them unsuitable.  They all received a letter thanking them for their application and interest in the company.   5,000 buys a lot of secretarial time and postage stamps!
Jason
liking it

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »

At what cost?  You are wasting your company's money using agencies because you cannot be bothered to do the job yourself, or get your junior or HR department to do it.

I advertised a job in the local paper (in 2003) and got 50 replies ,most of them unsuitable.  They all received a letter thanking them for their application and interest in the company.   5,000 buys a lot of secretarial time and postage stamps!

Yes but in 2003 we weren't in the middle of a serious recession, it is totally different now.  I'm talking hundreds of cv's and a cv doesn't really tell you much when you factor in lies and exaggeration etc..
Trust me jasper, I work very hard and am grateful to have a job.  Recruiting is something I like to outsource because I have a small number of staff who should be busy doing other things.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:19:22 PM »

I take your point about 2003 being different to now.

"Lies and exaggeration" in CV's.  You have to take it at face value unless it is obvious.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace