Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9183 Posts in 2296 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

December 14, 2017, 07:42:32 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreOn-line Recruitment (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Facebook job adverts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Facebook job adverts  (Read 31657 times)
Gota
having fun

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »

Definitely don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. That would be terrible  Roll Eyes.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »

Jasper isn't anti Facebook!  I am just anti the waste of time, often company time, MORONS spend posting rubbish on it!

A colleague of mine posted on Facebook, whilst on a First Aid at Work course, how he was looking forward to lunch and what he was going to have!

By the way, another colleague told me this, when he had a look instead of working!

bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »

Liek it or not though the reality is millions of people use it everyday so if you want to reach out to those people then advertising through facebook is a good way of doing it. Not everyone who will click on it are 'facebook addicts' who do nothing but sit on facebook all day!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »

I agree.

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »

Peter Hitchins in the Mail On Sunday said that Facebook was the "MORONS DIRECTORY"I couldn't agree more!
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »

Peter Hitchins and the Mail On Sunday?

Hmmm...the word moron seems applicable for the entire staff of that rag.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »

I quite like Hitchins but he's a bit of a moron since Facebook is not in any way a directory.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Peter Hitchins...LOL.

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 12:58:41 AM »

It's easy to just slag off Facebook but there are clearly good things about it and to just slag it off willy nilly just makes no sense.

It's like me saying: "People that Google things have no brains."

Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »

Anyone who thinks they can mess about on Facebook when they should really be working should be concerned that revolutionary software previously only available
to the Police and large companies is now available to small and medium-sized businesses.

A monitoring and auditing system (MAS) will enable your boss to see how much time you spend on social networking sites and will record every
keystroke, search and stored and printed document.

This will be adopted by most companies in response to the Bribery Act, which comes into force on Friday 1st July 2011.
This would make businesses of any size, liable if any employees or agents acting for the company pay a bribe anywhere in the world.

So recruitment Agencies will have to find another way to negotiate their bribes for vacancies with their clients!

And before all you Facebook fans start going on about big brother Human rights privacy etc etc (and Tesco passwords),
you should be working
you are paid to be working
and if you are  FOUND OUT hopefully you will be sacked so that those of us who want to WORK will be able to do so!
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »

I quite like Hitchins but he's a bit of a moron since Facebook is not in any way a directory.

Lets see, you type in someone's name and search and it comes up with results of people of the name you searched.
Sounds like a bloody directory to me! 
What else would you call it?   "A moron''s favourite waste of time"   perhaps?
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

Everything said here is assuming people mess around on Facebook while they should be working.

What about Facebook for most people which is a social thing outside of the workplace.

In fact no offence but if you aren't on Facebook you don't really know what you're talking about.

I update my status (which takes all of 35 seconds via my smart phone) and that's about it.

You seem to be judging everybody based on the worst case scenario idiot who spends all his/her day playing s*** games like Farmville. Most people I know do not do this.
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »

I have seen Facebook in action as one of my colleagues was never off it - so I DO know what I am talking about!
Social Thing?  It isn't like a meal out with real friends is it?  facebook is for Billy no mates!

Most people DO mess about on Facebook when they should be working (those that are active on Facebook)

So you update your "status" and it takes 35 seconds?  What changed?  Did you have a sex change?  or were you telling everyone what you had for lunch or been to the toilet?
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »

One of your colleagues never being off it does not equate to most people doing the same.

I often check Facebook feeds (not whilst working) and it really isn't for Billy no mates it's just a new and different way of keeping in touch as well as seeing them and talking to them.

Raging against Facebook is like raging against the newly invented light bulb because: what's wrong with candles?
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »

You have something wrong with you mate!

Why do you feel the need to be constanly "in touch" with your friends. 

Let's face it lightbulbs replaced candles.
Facebook wont replace telephonesor personal contact.

Worldwide - 2 billion internet users.  1 billion Facebook members.
Half of all internet users DONT use Facebook at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace