Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

July 25, 2014, 07:21:38 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityNews & Information (Moderator: Forum Management)Unsuccessful Job Applicants Can Harm Employers
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Unsuccessful Job Applicants Can Harm Employers  (Read 705 times)
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »

Almost half (49%) of UK job candidates have a negative perception of an organisation following an unsuccessful job application, according to research by talent assessment solutions provider SHL.

The research, which questioned 1,600 UK adults, found that 24% of respondents had had two or three bad experiences in the past and 6% as many as four or five, while 18% of respondents who had been through a bad recruitment experience had stopped doing business with the company as a direct result.

A further survey by SHL of 500 UK recruitment professionals shows that 25% of recruiters say they are overstretched as a result of increased job applications and of these, 19% say they are now unable to let candidates know when they have received their application.

The survey also shows that 17% donít provide detailed feedback to interviewed candidates and 15% canít let candidates know if they have not been successful after an initial application.
Report to moderator   Logged

Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

This makes perfect sense.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »

This has been my experience in the past. I can think of at least two companies I went for work with, was rejected, and because of the way they handled (or mis-handled) my situation I wouldn't give them any business again. 
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »

In my experience nearly all employers don't tell candidates that they have been unsuccessful.  However, I believe this is more to do with the absolute BAD MANNERS of the "managers" conducting the interviews than the company itself.

The use of agencies is also complicating this as employers are relying on agencies to give the bad news.

I remember one interview where the interviewer just kept talking about himself and all he had achieved, even saying he comes in on SUNDAY as he loves his work so much.  As I left I handed him an unfavourable  press cutting about his company, which was taken over six months later.

Another thing is being kept waiting.  You have an interview time, you get there 15 mins early yet you are kept waiting 20 mins after the interview time.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace