Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 23, 2014, 03:26:10 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)Words every resume should include
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Words every resume should include  (Read 3643 times)
simacaj
just starting

« on: April 30, 2007, 02:33:55 AM »

I read an article on Yahoo about words that resumes should include and they include:

Words like: Teamwork, Flexibility, Detail-Oriented, and Self-Motivated

I would have to agree with these words.  If I was a recruiter and these words would come up on a resume I would definitely do an interview.
Report to moderator   Logged
lava
liking it

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »

one of the best things to do is look at the job description your are applying to.  Use those words and include it in your resume.  It will help draw attention to your resume and you will stand out better from the other competing job applicants. 
simacaj
just starting

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »

that is great advice lava.  I never thought about using this in a resume.  I will have to tell some people about it and see how it plays out.  Thanks for the info.
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 11:35:58 AM »

I agree, good point Lava. 

Of course, this also supports a point being made on another thread which is that some customisation of the resume/CV for each different job is really helpful

Greg
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:55:52 PM »

Resumes need action words that make you stand out from all the other applicants.  My suggestion is to start each bullet in your resume with certain buzz words such as teamwork, resolved, detail oriented, self motivated, oversaw, resolved, enforced, maintained, evaluated, developed, or composed.  Using these types of key words demonstates your an asset to anyone who hires you. 
attagirl
settling in

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »

Although I agree with this on the resume, you have to take it one step further and someone include those words in your interview. Because you are not being hired on the resume alone and many times the interview is what makes or breaks the deal.
Bordin75
just starting

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »

Although I agree with this on the resume, you have to take it one step further and someone include those words in your interview. Because you are not being hired on the resume alone and many times the interview is what makes or breaks the deal.

This is really true. No matter how beautiful and comprehensive your resume is if you won't make it to the interview then your effort will all be in vain. You can reiterate all important information indicated in the resume. These words that you think can attract the interest and attention of the interviewer.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:52:04 AM by Bordin75 » Report to moderator   Logged

bsforrester80
just starting

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »

You have to be careful not just to use too many 'buzzwords' Otherwise your application will look like all talk but no substance.
Rather than just say you are good at teamwork, try and demonstarte that in your previous/current employment.
Employers don't like people who talk a good game but have no evidence to back it up.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace