Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 01, 2014, 02:37:02 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreYour experiences (Moderator: HireScoresMark)Horrendous Experiences With Recruitment Agencies On Merseyside!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Horrendous Experiences With Recruitment Agencies On Merseyside!  (Read 3002 times)
Jobless7
just starting

« on: September 05, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »

I have had some really HORRENDOUS experiences with recruitment agencies on Merseyside. My latest unfortunate encounter was being treated like nothing more than cast aside muck following a job interview this agency arranged for me with a Liverpool insurance outsourcing firm.

The consultant concerned promised me faithfully, on the Friday morning when I rang her, that she would "ring me back" that afternoon to give me some feedback on my interview. Well, I waited and waited and waited, but no such call came. As you can imagine, I was FURIOUS, especially when you consider just how much I wanted the job! What an elusive, disrespectful liar she was!

Furthermore, this ignorant individual even lied to me not once but TWICE. She claimed she "left a message" on my mobile to ring her back, but I received no such message from her. When I told her this, she just shrugged it off and told me - FINALLY told me, after putting me through nearly a FORTNIGHT of mental torture waiting for feedback - that I had been "unsuccessful, that other candidates were more suited blah bloody blah." Well, as you can imagine, I was left feeling utterly LIVID with rage and hurt.

WHY on earth do these employment agencies treat us jobless so shabbily and apathetically? All right, if I was unsuccessful, all she had to do was to pick up the phone and tell me so. Why keep me waiting and waiting in mental agony?

Has anybody else suffered similar disgusting treatment from these agencies? Would be very interested to hear your stories. Believe me, after all my own bitter experiences, I would certainly share great empathy with you all here!

Angry Jobhunter
Merseyside
Report to moderator   Logged
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »

Are you registered as a candidate on the site here? You probably know but you can rate and review your experiences of recruitment agencies so why not tell the world about it? It may be helpful to others and also proves quite cathartic.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »

Welcome angry jobhunter...I hope you won't be angry for long and that something will come your way very quick. I'm Robin by the way  Smiley.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »

Welcome here angry.
Jobless7
just starting

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »

Yes, I am registered here in the forums. And, believe me, I can tell you all many a horror story about the disgusting way these employment agencies have treated me. They are just an IGNORANT, SELF-CENTRED SHOWER OF CRETINS!

Time and time again, I have registered with them, sent them my CV - in fact, done EVERYTHING under the sun in order to gain employment as an administator. But generally, I have been treated like dirt, and have always been left seething with anger and disgust at the "couldn't care less" attitude these pathetic organisations display. They advertise fictious jobs, thus foxing any unsuspecting jobless person that they have plenty of work in. When you ring them to enquire about a position you have applied for, you nearly always get told the same rubbish (e.g. "the lady who is dealing with your application is on the other line at the moment blah blah.) Their misdeeds know no bounds.

The ones I have had the misfortune to encounter in Liverpool and Chester have to be the WORST. I can not give one single good experience I have had with any of them. They are a law unto themselves - and a very weird law, I can tell you!

I have been suffering really badly with being constantly unemployed. But the horrible attitudes and mistreatment dealt out to me by these agencies has only exacerbated my despair.

They have a lot to answer for. No sane job hunter should touch them with a barge pole.

Angry Merseyside Job Hunter

Are you registered as a candidate on the site here? You probably know but you can rate and review your experiences of recruitment agencies so why not tell the world about it? It may be helpful to others and also proves quite cathartic.
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:23:23 AM »

I can't really say anything except I'm sorry for your bad experiences  Angry. At least you can now vent and review these agencies so the world can see the experiences you've had.

Jobless7
just starting

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »

Just had yet ANOTHER bad experience with a recruitment agency. This time, this particular agency built my hopes of a job in a local contact centre which - so they said - wanted hundreds of new staff. I filled in a lengthy registration form, and waited weeks and weeks for them to complete the usual red tape (e.g. checking your three years work history etc.). In the end, I got so fed up with waiting that I emailed them for feeback. They ignored me. A further five emails were ignored. This ignorant treatment upset me so much that I had no option to complain to the Area Manager.

In the end, my complaining did no good at all, as a week later they rang me to tell me that they were not putting me forward for the job! You can imagine how furious I was to be told this! After all those weeks of building my hopes up, they turn around and boot me in the face like this!

On reflection, do you think they retracted my application because I complained to the Area Manager about them? Because when I first complained, the manager of the guilty agency immediately got on the phone to me and expressed his displeasure that I "reported" his office.

What do YOU all think? Do you think I shot myself in the foot through complaining to a higher authority?

I will NEVER EVER use these agencies ever again. The sheer stress, anger and disappointment they have caused me is almost inefffable!

I can't really say anything except I'm sorry for your bad experiences  Angry. At least you can now vent and review these agencies so the world can see the experiences you've had.
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »

Hey Jasper.
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 11:51:23 AM »

No Jobless7 angry from Mersyside is not me!

BUT............  we need MORE people on here telling of their experiences about the recruitment Agencies.   It is only with public pressure and outrage that standards and codes of conduct can be introduced so these bastards stiop advertsing biogus jobs, actullay submit your details to employers, and call you back when they say they will.

Hey jobless?  I know what you are going through.   Millions are in the same boat.  If you dont use agancies you wont hear about any real jobs via job boards.  BUT employtesr can START posting vacancies on THEIR OWN websites and job boards stating NO AGENCIES and HR departments can start doing the job they are paid to. 
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »

It's true we need more. I would say this...being the moderator...but this is exactly why HireScores.com was set up. So that people can tell the world about their bad and good experiences of recruiters.

Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »

HO HO HO  "Good" experiences - dont make me laugh!
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »

Check out the profile of Parkhouse Bell profile on HireScores.com. Many people do have good experiences with agencies.

Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace