Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

August 30, 2014, 11:10:59 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreNew to the UK? (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, Richard - Premier Recruitment)a first year student at Dundee uni need an advice
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: a first year student at Dundee uni need an advice  (Read 2634 times)
eve19
just starting

« on: August 28, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »

Hi,

I am new here but already one month live in Dundee. I am Lithuanian and going to study Psychology at Dundee University. I came before study year and thought will find a job but... I was sending a lot CV and was going through companies, cafe, bars, shops and etc. directly, I am thinking that talking face-to-face is more serious and useful than only sending CV but found nothing. Only a few time I was distributed leaflets and that's all. i understand I have no experience of work (only very small) but still I know that there some jobs which do need no experience, from the other side all experience is possible to received only by working. Could you help me with any advice where and how I could get a simple job? To say truth more cafe promised that job will be at September but... I already met with such a problem - when cafe which promised a job after you came said "sorry, we already accepted staff". I would be very thankful for any advice you say. Sincerely eve19     
Report to moderator   Logged
forum admin
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

Hi Eve welcome to the forums here at HireScores.com.

Finding a job can be difficult I know and I wish you much success and luck. On this page: http://www.hirescores.com/directory-of-recruitment-companies.php you can search through our recruitment agency listings by specific job types...hopefully that may narrow the search down a little...also have you been to your local Job Centre? They should also be able to help with perhaps a list of local agencies.

I hope this helps a little.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

Hi Eve welcome here. The Job Centre would be able to help have you been there?

eve19
just starting

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »

Thank you so much for your advices. Yes, I have already been to Job centre, but there aren't many part time jobs...
Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »

Hi Eve welcome here and can I wish you much luck in finding things. I'd say agencies are the way to go. You should be able to make free phone calls from your local job centre and they should have a list of all local agencies...maybe pop back in ask if they have such a list and then just call them all from the job centre.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »

Welcome Eve.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace