Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

April 19, 2014, 01:09:45 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreCareer and Employment Advice (Moderator: HireScores.com admin)Applying for a job
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Applying for a job  (Read 1696 times)
attagirl
settling in

« on: June 10, 2007, 12:35:28 AM »

Are there things that you can do to ensure that you will get a call back from a potential employer. What types of things would you definitely put on your resume or application.
Report to moderator   Logged
Seb
just starting

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »

My opinion here is that it is both simple and hard.  Simple in that there are no tricks you can play - you just need to focus on a well written and presented resume which is as relevant as possible to the position you are applying - and hard coz there is nothing clever you can do to get the resume noticed. 
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »

I agree with Seb, trying to get an employee to call you for an interview can be very tricky.  My suggestion is to take the time to create a very professional resume.  Have family and friends look it over.  You may even want to attend career workshops.  Sometimes libraries or high schools offer worshops for the general public in the evening.  Check with your local high schools and libraries to find out more details.
lilo
just starting

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »

Before or after the interview? Smiley I'm joking. Yes, there are such ways. You can do some things in order to ensure yourself a feed back. Starting with handing him a well written resume and a strong motivational letter...or a cover letter. Then, mesmerizing him during the interview. Then, a thank you note after the interview (also known as follow-up).
I can get into details and speak to you about keywords which are really really important both in resumes and cover letters. But this can take a while. Wink

Career adviser
Forum Management
Forum Management
Administrator
settling in

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »

Lilo - Hello and welcome to the HireScores.com Forum.  It's great to have you join. Please also use the introductions section to say hello and also tell us a bit about yourself and your business.

Forum Management

HireScore.com Forum: bringing together recruiters, candidates and hiring companies

Have you visited HireScores.com?
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace