Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 31, 2014, 04:00:36 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: Job Hunting and Interviews (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)How many years
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How many years  (Read 1207 times)
Simonsays
just starting

« on: June 10, 2007, 12:31:37 AM »

Should you list all experience on your resume or only the same amount of experiences that would be recommended on an application. Which is generally the last 10 years. Give me you ideas and suggestions. I would have enough to take up too many pages.
Report to moderator   Logged
Seb
just starting

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:05:21 AM »

I think this depends on now many companies you have worked for and if the previous experience is relevant.  If you have worked for say 4 companies in 20 years you can list them all but if you have worked for 15 it would look a mess.  If this was the case I think it might be best to focus on the most recent and relevant taking a sensible period that makes sense in terms of the experience you want to show and then perhaps grouping the rest with a couple of sentences
Simonsays
just starting

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »

Ok. That was good advice, suppose all the experience over a 20 year period, was relevant but might have been short lived because of the industry and the business folding. For example, I went to work for three companies that all folded within the first year I was there. Not because of anything I did, but for other reasons. Then I have the regular jobs that I started with in the industry for volunteer work during summer and so on. It was not until recently that I found someone who I thought was stable but I have been hearing of them transferring work outside the country.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace