Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 25, 2014, 01:36:54 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)How often to update
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How often to update  (Read 4460 times)
Simonsays
just starting

« on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:25 AM »

How often should a resume me updated. I have read many varying answers on this topic and wanted to here what some of you in this forum think about this. If you can help me out it would be great.
Report to moderator   Logged
Tomtom
settling in

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »

I would update my resume as often as I can.  The reason for this is because you never know when you're going to need your resume.  If you have it ready and current, it becomes less of a stress when you need it now.  In addition, when updating your resume frequently, your also able to remember in detail tasks and/or projects you have accomplished at work.  The longer you wait to include things on your resume, the easier it is to forget your important achievemnts.   
lilo
just starting

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:39:07 PM »

How often should a resume me updated. I have read many varying answers on this topic and wanted to here what some of you in this forum think about this. If you can help me out it would be great.

Take me for example, I work in the advertising and communication field and I publish a lot of articles and do researches which I present during various conferences. Imagine that I have to update my resume at least once-twice a month, just to add a certificate or a great accomplishment, or a great obtained contract.

http://www.cvtips.com/resume_re_write.html

Usually, the resume should be updated every time one has accomplished something which is part of his experience/work history. Then, a resume is updated if it also needs re-wording work done.

Career adviser
misch.chief
just starting

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »

Try and update it as often as possible, although many just do it when they are looking for a new job!!
syed2011
just starting

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:38:12 AM »

Once in a month, that too depend on your work done or if you did additional courses or had any Job experience etc.

Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:15:11 PM »

Seems a bit often to me. Unless your job changes or you qualify in some new kind of training why update it?

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:26:08 AM »

Once a month? To update a cv are we talking about?
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 01:35:59 AM »

Why once a month?
Jason
liking it

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »

You should tailor your cv to every job you apply for.  Takes longer for each application but you need to think about key words the people are looking for and key skills.  Emphasise what they require.

So the answer is, update your cv as often as you apply for jobs.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »

Update a CV when you are actively looking for a new job.
Any other updates will be a waste of time.

If you have to update your CV tailored to a particular job then you shouldn't really be applying for that job as you haven't got the experience.

Finally it is a good idea to have a date page number footer for the CV.  You can then "update" to change the date so it looks current!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace