Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 30, 2014, 10:53:53 PM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreRecruiter Advice/Questions/Chat (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Aptitude tests
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Aptitude tests  (Read 6782 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »

I'd be interested to know what people's thoughts are in regard to using aptitude tests with your potential placements. Have you used them? How accurate and helpful do you find it to be when placing an employee in a position?
Report to moderator   Logged
Simonsays
just starting

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:42 AM »

For some of the positions we fill, it is necessary to have aptitude testing done, especially when it comes to some of the companies that really want to test the persons skill level before we hire them, the company then reviews the test results as well as our people and we then move forward from there. We have come across some people who claim on the resume to have the skills and they totally fail the test and interview processes.
Spinner
liking it

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:21:33 AM »

I personally do not like aptitude tests.  I think they do not fully measure an employees skill level.  Many times a candidate will not score well on them because they are nervous or anxious that day. As a reult, their scores will not measure their true level of skill.  I do understand in some job placements it might be necessary to use them, but I would not base my hiring decision on them.
Human Resources Philippin
just starting

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:51:21 AM »

Aptitude test I think is a must. Applicants sometimes lie on their CV that they have submitted. It is one way to verify the truthfulness of their CV. Also, people excelled differently at different type of intelligence-it maybe on logical, language, verbal, interpersonal, etc. It is appropriate to have aptitude test to really know the area at which they will excel.

hr consulting philippines
Staffing Agency Makati
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

I think the nervousness of a candidate as somebody said may not bring the best results.
Gota
having fun

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »

I think on the whole an aptitude test is a must.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace