Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

October 23, 2014, 08:57:07 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumForum CommunityGeneral stuff (Moderators: HireScores.com admin, HireScoresMark)Ways to de-stress
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Ways to de-stress  (Read 1141 times)
MaryG
liking it

« on: May 18, 2007, 07:50:52 PM »

As it's Friday and, for me, the end of a very long and tough week I'd be interested in knowing what people do to relax and de-stress after such a week. Are there any particular things you like to do? Places you go? Usually we try to go out to dinner and a movie but sometimes end up in sweat clothes with pizza, beer and the TV.  Undecided
Report to moderator   Logged
Cautious
just starting

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »

If I've had a tough week I sorta go into hibernation at the weekend. Read, watch DVDs, get takeout delivery and stuff like that.
Lisette
Forum Moderator
liking it

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »

When I worked in Switzerland, every Friday when I was not travelling, I met my husband for dinner in a restaurant which was quite close to my work.  I was often very late (!) but they got to know us well and used to keep the table for us and he brought a book.  It was a nice routine (even though I was late - indeed I would argue that was part of the routine Smiley). I think with stuff like this when you are working really hard a bit of routine helps, otherwise the lure of the sofa, TV and pizza is too strong to resist.  Also, I find that if I go home first after a long and busy week I just cannot get motivated to go out again.

stanford
liking it

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:08:13 PM »

To de-stress, I enjoy reading a good book or seeing a suspensful movie.  If the weather is nice, I may even go for a nice walk or bike a ride.  I find doing physical activities or finding a way to mentally escape from the world is the best way lower my stress level.  I have also found that it makes me a much nicer person to be around.
MaryG
liking it

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »

I think with stuff like this when you are working really hard a bit of routine helps, otherwise the lure of the sofa, TV and pizza is too strong to resist.  Also, I find that if I go home first after a long and busy week I just cannot get motivated to go out again.
I agree with you on both of these points. We try very hard to go on our "date night" on Friday evenings even if one or the both of us is convinced we're too tired or crabby to go. just so we've not set ourselves up to conveniently sleep late, hang around in our pajamas and not do errands for the next two days.
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace