Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 18, 2014, 04:35:37 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumCandidates, Job Seekers, Employees, Consultants & Contractors CentreRecruitment: CVs/resumes and Applications (Moderators: Lisette, Forum Management)How do companies feel about senior workers?
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: How do companies feel about senior workers?  (Read 6785 times)
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »

Indeed my wife works for Tesco and if she's ever ill she has to speak with a manager when calling in.

I guess her team leader though would be the person that needs to know so maybe this, like your example Bob, is a way to try and de-encourage people from having a "duvet day" as it seems to be now called. Pulling a sickie.
Report to moderator   Logged

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

Maybe stringent was the wrong word. We also have team leaders so the management level do not really deal with people being ill rather than the phoning in thing.

Most people do think it's to put people off doing so though but surely if you're ill you're ill. A manager isn't going to change that.

I'm a firm believer in believing the best about people rather than assuming the worst.
Human Resources Philippin
just starting

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »

Senior citizens have the experience but they cannot move fast enough. They are slowed by their age and cannot keep up with the younger ones anymore.Companies want young and energetic workers instead of having experienced but slow employees.

hr consulting philippines
Staffing Agency Makati
Jonathan
having fun

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »

I couldn't disagree more. It totally depends what field you are talking about. These so called young and energetic employees can also be immature and unreliable.
Robin Tetley
Administrator
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »

I can see it a bit from both perspectives. Great debate here  Smiley.

Bob
somewhat obsessed

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »

I've said this before here but the older people here are much better to work with than the younger ones.
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »

I lean towards the older sense of this discussion than the younger. Maturity over immaturity always wins in my book.
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace