Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

9182 Posts in 2295 Topics- by 184 Members - Latest Member: benjonesaa

September 20, 2014, 02:55:15 AM
HireScores.com Recruitment ForumRecruiters, Employers & Suppliers CentreGeneral recruiter topics (Moderators: Lisette, HireScores.com admin)Looking for a job in recruitment
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Author Topic: Looking for a job in recruitment  (Read 3414 times)
ken979
just starting

« on: February 06, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a job in recruitment.

A bit about me, i have no experience in recruitment. I worked as a waiter since the age of 18 and started my own Chinese takeaway at the age 25. A year later, i sold the Chinese takeaway for a profit. I later worked for my dad. He also had a business, a Chinese restaurant. It didn't work out between me and my dad, so i decided to look for a different career.

The reason i want to get into recruitment is because i want to do something I'm naturally suited to. I did an on line personality test and discovered I'm naturally suited to be a middle man. This is where i did my test wdprofiletest.com. I searched into recruitment and it sounds really exciting. Something i feel i could get really good at. I like the commission structure, the more you perform, the more money you will make. From google searching, i realise you can make allot of money from recruitment. I like the idea of getting rewarded on performance.

The problem is i don't know where to start?

Any advice on how to get a job in recruitment would be great?

Thanks  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:15:24 PM by Robin Tetley » Report to moderator   Logged
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »

Welcome to these discussions Ken.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jasper9
having fun

New Homes and Building Expert

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »

The first thing you need to do is make an appointment with your doctor and get your head examined!

If you are still keen to work in recruitment ask your doctor to refer you to a surgeon and have your brain removed.

Only then will you possess the attributes required to work in recruitment.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:09:11 PM by Jasper9 » Report to moderator   Logged
Malcolm
having fun

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »

That's one point of view.
Manila Recruitment Agency
just starting

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »

well, you could of course send out your updated resumes online like LinkedIn or jobstreet. With the technology nowadays, companies just search their employees online. so better make your resume a really impressive and of course, honest one.

Manila Recruitment Agency
Kittelson & Carpo
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »

AND then you will be contacted by 100's of CV collecting agencies wanting to pump you for even more information, all of which you will never hear from again.

AND your personal details, telephone number, email address, address, name and if you are really stupid your date of birth will all be out their in cyberspace for Identity theft.
Jason
liking it

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »

As manila mentioned, you should definitely have a good linkedin profile and I would put a well worded letter together, phone a lot of recruitment agencies and try to get the contact details of the person responsible for hiring.  This may be the director if it's a small company.

Then either email or post the letter with cv attached to the agencies you've been pestering.  This will show initiative and hopefully you'll be invited to go and sell yourself.

Good luck, it is a rewarding career for the right individual.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Jasper9
having fun

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »

Don't bother posting anything!  have you seen the cost of stamps.

use e mail every time.  Its quicker, easier and it gets ignored just as easily as a paper copy!
Pages: [1]
Send this topicPrint
Jump to:  

Find out more about hirescores recruitment scoring
Theme orange-lt created by panic customised by creospace